PLR - IP Jessie (Wynford) Test Run

Links to and discussion of garden railway video footage or videos of real railways which might inspire members with their modelling
ge_rik
Administrator
Administrator

PLR - IP Jessie (Wynford) Test Run

Post by ge_rik » Mon Oct 12, 2015 9:24 pm

You know how it is. You take a loco into the workshop for a bit of maintenance, then the following morning you take it outside for a test run. Then you decide to add a few wagons, the sun comes out and before you know it, you're playing trains .......

URL - https://youtu.be/DQPbuwwv5ug

<object width="640" height="480"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/DQPbuwwv5ug?ve ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/DQPbuwwv5ug?ve ... n_US&rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="640" height="480" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

Rik
------------------------
Peckforton Light Railway - Blog Facebook Youtube

MDLR
Driver
Driver

Post by MDLR » Mon Oct 12, 2015 10:25 pm

<Facebook>

LIKE!

</Facebook>
Brian L Dominic
Managing Director
Flagg Fluorspar Co
www.mdlr.co.uk/ff.html

Peter Butler
Driver
Driver

Post by Peter Butler » Mon Oct 12, 2015 11:39 pm

Lovely short film again Rik. I have a Jessie too and am delighted with its performance, it is a chunky little loco with great presence. I bought mine second hand and stripped it to bare metal to start again. I added running boards along the bonnet and a weathered paint finish. At the moment it has manual speed control but will eventually have a Deltang system installed.

The best things in life are free.... so why am I doing this?

philipy

Post by philipy » Tue Oct 13, 2015 6:44 am

Nice, as always Rik.

A quick question re the final shot . At the LH edge of that shot, the track base appears to be timber boards, is that also the case all the way round to the RH side, in where it is hidden by vegetation?
Philip

ge_rik
Administrator
Administrator

Post by ge_rik » Tue Oct 13, 2015 6:47 am

Thanks chaps
I do think she looks better with running boards, Peter.

One of the recent innovations on mine has been to install a Deltang Rx65 receiver/controller and then wire the headlight up to Pad A. This not only gives auto direction lighting, it mirrors the rx LED on the front light while searching for the tx and also if there's a fault. Very handy.

The Peter Spoerer DigiSounds sound card is also triggered by the output pads on the rx - horn on Ch5 (bind button) and engine start/stop on Ch3 (direction switch)

Rik
------------------------

ge_rik
Administrator
Administrator

Post by ge_rik » Tue Oct 13, 2015 6:58 am

philipy:113770 wrote:Nice, as always Rik.

A quick question re the final shot . At the LH edge of that shot, the track base appears to be timber boards, is that also the case all the way round to the RH side, in where it is hidden by vegetation?
Yes, that right Philip. The garden drops away down that side and rather than doing away with the hedge I built the railway into it. I'm gradually replacing the laurel which was there originally with other vegetation.

http://riksrailway.blogspot.com/2008/07 ... nsion.html

Rik
------------------------

philipy

Post by philipy » Tue Oct 13, 2015 7:18 pm

Thanks Rik.
I wasn't sure if the boards were on posts or direct on the ground, but posts are clearly the answer.
I'm trying to achieve that same sort of effect on most of my line which is on stilts up to 3ft high, but bushes take a long time to grow that big, even using Lonicera.

However, I'm having major heave problems with the ground level section of mine ( I always thought I would, even before I started) and I can see me having to rip it up in the not too distant future, so I'm looking for ideas on what I can use to replace approx 20metres of a 6" concrete slab on 4" hardcore!
Philip