Semi-scale BR: the fantasy, Southern Region branch line, again

Links to and discussion of garden railway video footage or videos of real railways which might inspire members with their modelling
BertieB
Fireman
Fireman

Semi-scale BR: the fantasy, Southern Region branch line, again

Post by BertieB » Mon Jun 05, 2023 12:54 pm

Steam (outline) locos do laps with the relatively recent coaches.

Little line-side interest (beyond the weeds) I’m afraid. With added noise, for those who like that kind of thing (like me).
Last edited by BertieB on Mon Jun 05, 2023 7:25 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Andrew

Re: Semi-scale BR: the fantasy, Southern Region branch, again

Post by Andrew » Mon Jun 05, 2023 1:32 pm

That was a nice lunchtime watch, thank you!

I particularly enjoyed the vaguely dusky shots of the 2MT about three minutes in, and also the caption accompanying the pannier, along the lines of "what I built a garden railway for, really".

I shall spend some time pondering what I built a garden railway for, really...

Cheers,

Andrew.

Ianm
Cleaner
Cleaner

Post by Ianm » Mon Jun 05, 2023 3:32 pm

Thanks for the video (and link to your web site). I like the video as it shows that a garden railway fits into any garden - it doesn't have to be scale perfect to be a delight.

I am amazed at how many people have the organization to both build items of rolling stock and remember to take pictures throughout the process. I get so into the process of building/fitting stuff I completely forget the pictures. Must try harder. :roll:

Cheers :salute:
Ian M
WIRL

BertieB
Fireman
Fireman

Post by BertieB » Mon Jun 05, 2023 6:17 pm

Andrew wrote: Mon Jun 05, 2023 1:32 pm “…pondering what I built a garden railway for, really...”
Thank you very much. Glad you enjoyed it.

I’ve gone on before about my early fantasies regarding an agreeably laid out, lush garden, with a lengthy railway meandering through it (not unlike the BLWR on this very forum!) populated by chirpy tank engines, pulling slow, short, branch line trains in a 1950s Dorset kind of way. One day…

BertieB
Fireman
Fireman

Post by BertieB » Mon Jun 05, 2023 6:23 pm

Ianm wrote: Mon Jun 05, 2023 3:32 pm “…to both build items of rolling stock and remember to take pictures…”
Thanks. It’s useful to have taken snaps, I find, when you go back a few years later, to repeat, repair or modify — and you can’t remember what you did (especially electricals, which I’m clueless about). They fill up web pages too. Smart phones have made it so easy.

Cheers!