Semi-scale BR: Smash Hits

Links to and discussion of garden railway video footage or videos of real railways which might inspire members with their modelling
BertieB
Fireman
Fireman

Semi-scale BR: Smash Hits

Post by BertieB » Fri Oct 07, 2022 10:04 pm

Being a bit lazy, I’ve sat at the computer, fiddling around with the ’video archive’, when I ought to have been, you know, painting the ceiling -- or at least, organising everything to shoot new stuff. And you might think the choice of music is a bit weird for a garden railway video. You should’ve seen the earlier versions (I started off with Bach!). But here, the insistent rhythm and tempo propel the video, I’m gonna claim.

Lonsdaler
Driver
Driver

Re: Semi-scale BR: Smash Hits

Post by Lonsdaler » Wed Oct 12, 2022 9:35 pm

I reet enjoyed that Bertie! And for me, the music matched it perfectly. And I think she says "I'm not over you" But more importantly the clips show off your efforts to great effect.. The front of the Playmobil train reminds me of something sci-fi like - is it Iron Man's mask? Any way, quite believable as a small commuter train to replace those ailing Leyland bus conversions.
Thanks for sharing :thumbup:
Phil

Sporadic Garden Railer who's inconsistencies know no bounds

My Line - https://gardenrails.org/forum/viewtopic ... 41&t=11077

BertieB
Fireman
Fireman

Post by BertieB » Tue Oct 18, 2022 9:07 pm

Lonsdaler wrote: Wed Oct 12, 2022 9:35 pm “I reet enjoyed that”
Excellent. Thank you. Editing video might be a useful excuse for not doing modelmaking. You can just sit at the computer, with cups of tea and chocolate digestives, and fiddle about with the mouse — you don’t make a terrible mess and you don’t have to clean it up and put everything away again before tea (or tomorrow’s breakfast) each time. You can correct your mistakes too, theoretically.

Keith S
Driver
Driver

Post by Keith S » Wed Oct 19, 2022 1:52 am

I enjoyed everything about that.

BertieB
Fireman
Fireman

Post by BertieB » Fri Nov 04, 2022 9:13 am

Keith — that’s great, thank you (as I should’ve said a couple of weeks ago)

Ianm
Cleaner
Cleaner

Post by Ianm » Fri Nov 04, 2022 10:57 pm

Thanks - I really enjoyed the show and I gained a few ideas on how to video my railway.

Best
Ian M
WIRL
Ian M
WIRL

ge_rik
Administrator
Administrator

Post by ge_rik » Sat Nov 05, 2022 8:57 am

BertieB wrote: Tue Oct 18, 2022 9:07 pm
Lonsdaler wrote: Wed Oct 12, 2022 9:35 pm “I reet enjoyed that”
Excellent. Thank you. Editing video might be a useful excuse for not doing modelmaking. You can just sit at the computer, with cups of tea and chocolate digestives, and fiddle about with the mouse — you don’t make a terrible mess and you don’t have to clean it up and put everything away again before tea (or tomorrow’s breakfast) each time. You can correct your mistakes too, theoretically.
I'll echo that. I really look forward to the editing process. It means I get to experience a running session for a second time (actually several times, as I do quite enjoy replaying them on the TV - especially when the weather is really bad outside).

Rik
------------------------
Peckforton Light Railway - Blog Facebook Youtube