In the Garden

If you would like to share some of your garden railway photographs or photos of prototypes which might inspire members, then please post them in here
FWLR
Driver
Driver

Re: In the Garden

Post by FWLR » Fri Aug 30, 2019 8:14 am

invicta280 wrote: ↑Thu Aug 29, 2019 11:10 pm Great idea for a thread.
I'll need to be quick with a camera to catch those cheeky squirrels that are invading the hazel tree at the moment and dropping nutshells on the track. :)
Hopefully we can all see more photos in due course. Do you have a mobile phone, I always keep mine on me, even though I miss a lot with them moving on or they don't turn out. You will at some point get a great photo, even if it may not be completely in focus.

Like I said "It's not a competition" just something to enjoy...

FWLR
Driver
Driver

Post by FWLR » Fri Aug 30, 2019 8:16 am

gregh wrote: ↑Thu Aug 29, 2019 11:47 pm That butterfly on the coach is just beautiful.
Agree there Greg... :thumbright:

Peter Butler
Driver
Driver

Post by Peter Butler » Fri Aug 30, 2019 9:49 pm

Of all the beautiful birds, butterflies, rabbits and foxes etc. which I know we have in our garden, I either don't see them at all or haven't got a suitable camera with me at the time.
So.... some of the things I can photograph are attached....
Firstly, something not quite so beautiful, but nonetheless crucially important to have around in the garden, the Earthworm....
IMG_6648.JPG
IMG_6648.JPG (159.02 KiB) Viewed 6296 times
This one is about ten inches long and temporarily removed from its preferred spot on the wet grass for a decent picture to be taken. (Returned immediately afterwards).
Next is a creature I have yet to be convinced is useful in any garden. The Slug......
IMG_6649.JPG
IMG_6649.JPG (118.88 KiB) Viewed 6296 times
This particular one was selected at random from an invasion by a Slug army, all attempting to travel from a boggy area near the stream and heading in the general direction of Diane's vegetable patch! This happens each year at this time, then after a few days we don't see them again.
The best things in life are free.... so why am I doing this?

FWLR
Driver
Driver

Post by FWLR » Sat Aug 31, 2019 7:35 am

That worm is somehow beautiful in its own way Peter, the slug however..........