Beeston Market Station forecourt/backscenes

If you would like to share some of your garden railway photographs or photos of prototypes which might inspire members, then please post them in here
ge_rik
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Beeston Market Station forecourt/backscenes

Post by ge_rik » Tue Jun 12, 2018 6:20 pm

Actually, just looked on eBay and the nets are a lot cheaper for the equivalent size. A definite proposition. Thanks.

Rik
------------------------
Peckforton Light Railway - Blog Facebook Youtube

Soar Valley Light
Driver
Driver

Post by Soar Valley Light » Tue Jun 12, 2018 7:38 pm

ge_rik wrote: Sat Jun 09, 2018 11:18 pm
Southern188 wrote: Sat Jun 09, 2018 8:48 pm Rik, as stated above you can do what you want but I'm sure I've seen that video before and thought it was so realistic. Now looking at it again, I can clearly see the changes and realise what an idiot I was for thinking it was real.

Sorry for making an issue of it but I can't now believe everything I see. The picture with the river in the background is obviously false so fine if that's what you want to do, I just can't see the point. Your models are so good without digital enhancements.

Your popular here, I'm not (not now anyway) so I wish I hadn't replied.
Michael,

Whilst in general I'm personally in the same camp as Phil, Tom and Dwayne, it doesn't meant I don't respect - and welcome - your opinion. It's been said before but this ability to share opinions openly and to be able to give and receive honest feedback is one of, if not THE, greatest strengths of this forum. PLEASE continue to to share yours with us and don't feel you are any less popular for having done so. I can't speak for the others of course but I'll have a quid on most of them sharing my view (I could be well out of pocket if I've got that one wrong!)

All the best,

Andrew
"Smith! Why do you only come to work four days a week?
"'cause I can't manage on three gaffer!"

Peter Butler
Driver
Driver

Post by Peter Butler » Tue Jun 12, 2018 10:57 pm

I'm with you all the way Andrew and this is one reason why I encourage communication rather than just a 'like' or a silly smilie thingy which gives no alternative or constructive opinions whatsoever.
The best things in life are free.... so why am I doing this?

FWLR
Driver
Driver

Post by FWLR » Thu Jun 14, 2018 7:55 am

ge_rik wrote: Sat Jun 09, 2018 11:18 pm
Southern188 wrote: Sat Jun 09, 2018 8:48 pm Rik, as stated above you can do what you want but I'm sure I've seen that video before and thought it was so realistic. Now looking at it again, I can clearly see the changes and realise what an idiot I was for thinking it was real.

Sorry for making an issue of it but I can't now believe everything I see. The picture with the river in the background is obviously false so fine if that's what you want to do, I just can't see the point. Your models are so good without digital enhancements.

Your popular here, I'm not (not now anyway) so I wish I hadn't replied.
Michael, don’t stop commenting on threads, everyones entitled to their opinion and you made a very valid point about the back scene. We all display in the garden, that’s want it’s all about isn’t it. If we had lakes and castles and other stuff we would be in the real world of the standard gauge railways.

Come on folks we run in the garden or back yard for our America cousins and if we had everything covered up with unreal scenes then we wouldn’t be in the garden or yard.

I did notice the offending wheelbarrow Rik, which I think started this discussion, but to me I at first only saw the building and then the barrow and also the waste bin, which to me is just part and parcel of having a garden, (we all don’t have massive areas to store such things) so keep on showing has is for me and leave all the back scene stuff to those who run trains indoors. :thumbright:

For me I at first look at the trains and rolling stock, then the buildings, then the track laid and then the flora, then all the other stuff comes into view.

Ps. I have said before in another thread of yours Rik, how much I love your stream and the way you have videoed it.

ge_rik
Administrator
Administrator

Post by ge_rik » Thu Jul 19, 2018 4:13 pm

I've posted a link in another thread to an online tool for creating poster-sized images by printing a picture out on a series of A4 sheets which can be glued together. Thought it might be useful for testing an image before forking out for a vinyl banner - https://gardenrails.org/forum/viewtopic ... 54#p138550

Rik
------------------------
Peckforton Light Railway - Blog Facebook Youtube