Afternoon Playing Trains

If you would like to share some of your garden railway photographs or photos of prototypes which might inspire members, then please post them in here
Big Jim

Re: Afternoon Playing Trains

Post by Big Jim » Tue Jul 31, 2018 10:27 am

Thanks for the kind words.
The thing I like about Peters line is that at no point can you see the entire track layout. The trains seem to move from cameo to cameo and you don't really notice the short distances involved and there is a definite feeling of the train moving through the landscape. Over the years I have been visiting the trees and undergrowth have grown enough to hide bits of the layout so there is very little feeling of going round and round in circles, even though you are. I am particularly impressed with the shot of the train running past the rear of the chapel, if the chapel was facing the railway it would not look nearly as good.
If at first you don't succeed, use a bigger hammer!

Peter Butler
Driver
Driver

Post by Peter Butler » Tue Jul 31, 2018 10:40 am

It was a lovely afternoon and Jim's pictures show the railway off well. I am grateful to him for posting and for the positive response from you all.
Today it is showing signs of the weather drying up and the sun is shining. I now have more castings from Cain and can continue with the village installation.
The best things in life are free.... so why am I doing this?

FWLR
Driver
Driver

Post by FWLR » Wed Aug 01, 2018 6:34 am

Brilliant, will be expecting some more photoโ€™s then Peter. :thumbright: :thumbright:

IanC
Trainee Driver
Trainee Driver

Post by IanC » Wed Aug 01, 2018 3:25 pm

Peter, Your railway just gets better and better.

Ian
Ian