Now you see it, now you don't, now you see it again!

If you would like to share some of your garden railway photographs or photos of prototypes which might inspire members, then please post them in here
Chris Cairns
Driver
Driver

Now you see it, now you don't, now you see it again!

Post by Chris Cairns » Fri Mar 25, 2016 12:28 am

At the Jan 2016 East of Scotland Group meeting at the Scottish Model Engineering Trust, I managed to clear enough snow & ice off the track to back my locos down to the bridge from the station.

When we returned for the Feb 2016 meeting the bridge had been blown over into the icy river taking 3 panels of track with it, so we could only run down to just before the bridge.

To prepare for the SMET season of Open Days, today I joined 4 members of the EoSG to replace the bridge & fettle the track for the 1st Open Day on Easter Sunday.

The bridge got a new Filcris decking, several missing or broken rail joiners were replaced with the Peco G-45 ones, and a lot of ballasting was carried out to replace that which was washed away, and to restore the trackbed. Having completed all that, after lunch we ran some trains to check the layout was all good again.

First up was Richard with his Baguley Mk2 with my mixed rake of Accucraft stock.

Andy then ran his manual Peter Jones Little England class light engine, but I did not record it as I was preparing my loco.

I then ran my Samson twice, with Richard briefly controlling it so I could get some photos recorded.

Chris Cairns