Brandbright

Anything related to the garden railway world that is not catered for in another board
dws
Cleaner
Cleaner

Brandbright

Post by dws » Fri Mar 06, 2015 12:44 pm

Seen on the Brandbright web site, they are stoping making items after 11 April, then closing down when items are sold off.

The have been trying to sell up for some years now looks like know one is willing to take over.

Andrew

Post by Andrew » Fri Mar 06, 2015 1:04 pm

Bloody Hell!!!

That's awful!

I'd better write a shopping list...

SpudUk
Fireman
Fireman

Post by SpudUk » Fri Mar 06, 2015 1:27 pm

Wow, that's a big name out of the business!
Chris Auckland

Joe
Fireman
Fireman

Post by Joe » Fri Mar 06, 2015 2:41 pm

I haven't got any brandbright coaches yet! i will have to raid the stall at the april show!
Steam is highly under rated

Enginehouse
Trainee Fireman
Trainee Fireman

Re: Brandbright

Post by Enginehouse » Fri Mar 06, 2015 3:18 pm

dws:108813 wrote:Seen on the Brandbright web site, they are stoping making items after 11 April, then closing down when items are sold off.

The have been trying to sell up for some years now looks like know one is willing to take over.
Much more likely no one is willing to pay the huge price being asked, which I was given to understand last year included the whole site, outbuildings and house, plus the business at valuation. It will be sad to see them go,
Cheers

Roy H

Big Jim

Post by Big Jim » Fri Mar 06, 2015 5:35 pm

Sad that no one is prepared to buy it as a going concern.

Mike PVLR
Trainee Fireman
Trainee Fireman

Post by Mike PVLR » Fri Mar 06, 2015 6:04 pm

Would love to be able to keep it going as it will be a shame to lose them, just a great pity there's not the money available.

listerboy
Trainee Fireman
Trainee Fireman

Post by listerboy » Fri Mar 06, 2015 9:25 pm

I shall miss them.  It's a pity there's no one to take on the business, I assume there's no chance it'll be sold piecemeal?

JMORG
Trainee Driver
Trainee Driver

Post by JMORG » Sat Mar 07, 2015 1:16 am

I haven't been sad like this since Leonard Nimoy's passing last Friday 😞
I do hope that the kits and castings are bought by someone (those buffers and vacuum pipe castings are the best out there). I'm hoping someone like Rob at Swift Sixteen will heed the call and make up substitutes for the flexible vacuum hoses and all the amazing kit that they do, and someone like IP to have the drawings for the amazing rolling stock kits they have built.
The hobby has lost a legend. Brandbright have been very helpful and have supplied us with everything from small castings to my Silver Lady all the way up to our mighty NGG16, and even when we had problems (the Garratt especially), they tried their hardest to help out.
The LVLR and the Gloucestershire 16mm Group wish Richard and Shirly the best of luck in all future projects in the future. Thank you very much for your excellent service Brandbright!
Jason and Malcolm Morgan

rebelego
Trainee Fireman
Trainee Fireman

Post by rebelego » Sat Mar 07, 2015 3:26 pm

I doubt it is the end. Very strange if the production is not continued in a way or another.

Keith S
Driver
Driver

Post by Keith S » Sat Mar 07, 2015 5:29 pm

The panelled coaches are superb, especially for those of us who like to build rolling stock rather than buy it ready-to-go. I've just ordered some more kits, to put away and build in the future, so I can eventually have a nice little matched train.

For generic coaches, they are pretty much the best in my opinion.

I do hope someone picks up their product line.

Graff B.
Cleaner
Cleaner

Post by Graff B. » Sat Mar 07, 2015 7:31 pm

A real loss to our hobby. Excellent service and products. Hope someone can and does keep there range going!

alanf
Cleaner
Cleaner

Post by alanf » Sat Mar 07, 2015 8:22 pm

I was told by someone who tried to buy the business that there were to many conditions attached that made it impossible to take on.

Big Jim

Post by Big Jim » Sat Mar 07, 2015 9:35 pm

I was told by someone who tried to buy the business that there were to many conditions attached that made it impossible to take on.
Funny you should say that.

I do hope that the ranges are sold on or someone comes out of the woodwork to take the business on in it entirety.
If at first you don't succeed, use a bigger hammer!

JimboJet
Cleaner
Cleaner

Post by JimboJet » Tue Mar 17, 2015 7:27 am

I contacted them regarding looking at taking it over, as I have the financial backing, but to be quite honest, they were not forthcoming, and  in my last email, quite rude. Whether or not they thought I was serious, god only knows.

Regardless, they wish to now wind it down instead. I wish them the very best for their retirement, and would like to thank them for their time and skills over the years.

Update: There was some confusion over the emails, and they missed my enquiry. Shirley says they are frantic in the run up to the show, but will be in touch after....so maybe there is hope!

Simon
Cleaner
Cleaner

Post by Simon » Tue Mar 24, 2015 6:37 am

Great shame, my first ever kit came from them about 20 years ago. I've always thought that they are the best out there in terms of quality and service.

I do hope someone can take it on, surely they must be selling the property off so maybe the tooling etc could be available separately?

From a personal point of view id want someone to re-introduce the gauge 3 wagons.

Really feels an end of an era and I wish them both well.

Gary_16mm
Cleaner
Cleaner

Post by Gary_16mm » Sun Apr 12, 2015 1:09 pm

So, what are people going to do without Brandbright?

Centre buffer couplings, quality wheels, axle guards etc... where do future supplies come from? I, personally, don't like the IP or Accucraft solutions....

Brandbright will be a big miss.

Chris Cairns
Driver
Driver

Post by Chris Cairns » Mon Apr 13, 2015 7:14 am

They still had an impressive amount of stock available on their stand at Peterborough, but I overheard them saying they were experiencing a delay in producing their working vacuum pipes.

Picked up a couple of their £1 bargain Surplus Items.

Chris Cairns

Andrew

Post by Andrew » Mon Apr 20, 2015 9:16 pm

The web shop has now re-opened to sell the remaining stock...

The home page contains the line "It is possible that the Brandbright range be continued by a successor and if so news of this will be posted here" - a glimmer of hope??? I don't think that was there before, maybe there's a deal on the table? fingers crossed...

Andrew

listerboy
Trainee Fireman
Trainee Fireman

Post by listerboy » Mon Apr 20, 2015 11:10 pm

Andrew:110300 wrote:The web shop has now re-opened to sell the remaining stock...

The home page contains the line "It is possible that the Brandbright range be continued by a successor and if so news of this will be posted here" - a glimmer of hope??? I don't think that was there before, maybe there's a deal on the table? fingers crossed...

Andrew
I so hope so!