West Lancashire Light Railway

Anything related to the garden railway world that is not catered for in another board
FWLR
Driver
Driver

West Lancashire Light Railway

Post by FWLR » Sun Aug 29, 2021 8:25 am

I thought I would share this video of the West Lancashire Light Railways video of their Joffre, that had a little run from her point of view...

It is a short run, but the visitors that go do like it, they come back more than once to have a ride on this beautiful little line.
I hope you like it.

ge_rik
Administrator
Administrator

Re: West Lancashire Light Railway

Post by ge_rik » Sun Aug 29, 2021 11:08 am

As you say Rod. It's a lovely little line with an interesting history. If I remember rightly, it was set up by a handful of schoolboys (or very young men).

Rik
------------------------
Peckforton Light Railway - Blog Facebook Youtube

FWLR
Driver
Driver

Post by FWLR » Mon Aug 30, 2021 9:12 am

You're correct there Rik.

I think you can read about its history if you go on to the website, were you will find lots more about the line. Even see maybe one of our members who helps to run a indoor layout with some fine models that always bring smiles to people who see it.

Sylvian Tennant
Fireman
Fireman

Post by Sylvian Tennant » Mon Aug 30, 2021 3:51 pm

I think there was an article of it in Heritage Railway...oh some 20 years ago now. There was a photo of kids no older than myself then driving this little clapped out Ruston Hornsby diesel. An interesting little line that made me want to do it myself, but my friends were never into trains and there was nothing left lying about for us to do like plus...plus a 1000 and one other things.

Andrew

Post by Andrew » Tue Aug 31, 2021 3:36 pm

There's a happy coincidence... I've just returned from a BH weekend in Exmoor where I rode the wonderful Lynton and Barnstaple behind their Joffre, "Axe". It's a really lovely engine, I hope there's still a role for it when the L&B extends and requires heavier trains.

It was only my second train ride since the pandemic started ( the first was the S&D at Midsomer Norton last weekend) and really served to remind me what I love about NG steam trains...

Anyway, thanks for the video Rod!