Twitter Steam Rally 2

Anything related to the garden railway world that is not catered for in another board
BWLR
Cleaner
Cleaner

Twitter Steam Rally 2

Post by BWLR » Sun Apr 25, 2021 3:05 pm

In May last year, we were still in the first Covid lockdown with no immediate hope of any steam events for the foreseeable future. The idea of having a virtual steam rally via Twitter was born, so #twittersteamrally was organised by one of my colleagues, Anthony Coulls. As well as being good fun at a difficult time, the event raised over ยฃ4,000 for charity via donations and sales of merchandise.

Of course things are looking a lot brighter this year, but this "one off" event is being repeated in 2021 as #TwitterSteamRally2 on Saturday May 1. So if you feel you want to join in, just get something steamed up on Saturday! Last year there was an amazing array of trains, traction engines, boats and just about anything you else you can think of...

Twitter: #TwitterSteamRally2

Peter
Bishops Woodland Light Railway - Youtube

FWLR
Driver
Driver

Re: Twitter Steam Rally 2

Post by FWLR » Tue Apr 27, 2021 8:52 am

Hi Peter

It was also done on Facebook. I tried to have a go with one that Leanne and Rob did at SLR, but somehow I messed up with trying to post. I think it was because my WiFi wasn't up to much in the garden.... :) :) :)