Peter Farley

Anything related to the garden railway world that is not catered for in another board
Sylvian Tennant
Fireman
Fireman

Peter Farley

Post by Sylvian Tennant » Sun Apr 18, 2021 6:25 pm

I'm saddened to report the passing of Peter Farleybof PDF Models.

Although I had never bought one of his kits (it was actually on my bucket list for this year), the consenus was that they were brilliant and he was a gentleman.

My thoughts are with his family at this time.

ge_rik
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Peter Farley

Post by ge_rik » Sun Apr 18, 2021 6:47 pm

Sylvian Tennant wrote: Sun Apr 18, 2021 6:25 pm I'm saddened to report the passing of Peter Farleybof PDF Models.

Although I had never bought one of his kits (it was actually on my bucket list for this year), the consenus was that they were brilliant and he was a gentleman.

My thoughts are with his family at this time.
That is sad news. Like you, I've never invested in a PDF kit but I really admired their ingenuity and price competitiveness.
A great loss, not only to his family but also the the garden railway community.

Rik
------------------------
Peckforton Light Railway - Blog Facebook Youtube

Peter Butler
Driver
Driver

Post by Peter Butler » Sun Apr 18, 2021 8:27 pm

That is dreadful and shocking news and I am saddened to hear it. Although I never met, or even spoke to him personally, I have had dealings with PDF Models and always been more than happy with the service and products they supplied. In all I have made three of their wonderful models and recommended them to others too.
The latest on my list was this Double Fairlie, which I have been building for a friend.....
IMG_8256.JPG
IMG_8256.JPG (124.8 KiB) Viewed 5484 times
It is now ready to have its bogies and RC fitted.
I do hope the business is able to continue, I would have no hesitation in purchasing from them again.
The best things in life are free.... so why am I doing this?

SimonWood
Trainee Driver
Trainee Driver

Post by SimonWood » Mon Apr 19, 2021 9:57 am

Absolutely shocking news. Met him at Llechfan, an irrepressibly chatty and good humoured young chap with a real talent for designing and producing models that people love, I've seen dozens of them myself and there must be hundreds if not thousands on garden railways all over the country. His absence will be keenly felt among the garden railway fraternity. My thoughts are with Leanne and his family and friends, a terrible shame.

River Lin
Fireman
Fireman

Post by River Lin » Tue Apr 20, 2021 11:47 pm

Really sorry to hear the sad news about Peter Farley. I have bought 4 of his kits over the past year, a Baldwin, De Winton, Quarry Hunslet and a Leanne that i have yet to start, and on the odd occasion that I have had to speak to him over the phone i have found him to be amiable and helpful. I hope his business can continue.
IMG_20201020_192512.jpg
IMG_20201020_192512.jpg (172.04 KiB) Viewed 5200 times
David.
David T.

gilfachphil
Trainee Fireman
Trainee Fireman

Post by gilfachphil » Wed Apr 21, 2021 9:29 am

As a novice to 16mm I have built two of PDF's steam locos, enjoyed the experience, and learned much. Peter was very helpful when I needed spare bits. He will be much missed. Sincere condolences to Leanne and the rest of the family.

Phil.

Matloughe
Cleaner
Cleaner

Post by Matloughe » Sun Jun 13, 2021 5:08 pm

I'm sure others know; but there was a message posted this afternoon on the PDF Models facebook page announcing that some of the range will return - in a limited format to start with with other models returning later on in memory of Peter Farley
Initially locos are listed as:
Leanne
Ruby
Skylark
Hunslet
With some wagons & slate loads as part of the lineup. I think the website will be remaining the same. I spoke to Peter once or twice and was very shocked by the news; he was a kind gentleman who offered his help & assistance to me and that has left a lasting impression on me.

I know not everyone uses Facebook, I hope no-one minds me sharing onto here.
Kind Regards,
Gary

philipy

Post by philipy » Sun Jun 13, 2021 5:13 pm

Gary,
Thanks for sharing that piece of good news. You're right that not everyone uses Facebook, so you've done us a service.
Philip

Lonsdaler
Driver
Driver

Post by Lonsdaler » Sun Jun 13, 2021 5:21 pm

Matloughe wrote: Sun Jun 13, 2021 5:08 pm I'm sure others know; but there was a message posted this afternoon on the PDF Models facebook page announcing that some of the range will return - in a limited format to start with with other models returning later on in memory of Peter Farley
Initially locos are listed as:
Leanne
Ruby
Skylark
Hunslet
With some wagons & slate loads as part of the lineup. I think the website will be remaining the same. I spoke to Peter once or twice and was very shocked by the news; he was a kind gentleman who offered his help & assistance to me and that has left a lasting impression on me.

I know not everyone uses Facebook, I hope no-one minds me sharing onto here.
Kind Regards,
Gary
That is good news for the garden railway community - a great tribute to Peter to continue providing the models he worked so hard to produce.
Phil

Sporadic Garden Railer who's inconsistencies know no bounds

My Line - https://gardenrails.org/forum/viewtopic ... 41&t=11077

Sylvian Tennant
Fireman
Fireman

Post by Sylvian Tennant » Sun Jun 13, 2021 8:07 pm

That is great news - It's a blessing to us larger scale modellers that Peter had a good support base for his business. More importantly, a testament to the regard both we had on him and he & his range had on us.

ge_rik
Administrator
Administrator

Post by ge_rik » Mon Jun 14, 2021 9:38 am

What wonderful news and a great tribute to Peter that his innovations and ingenuity will continue.
Thanks for sharing

Rik
------------------------
Peckforton Light Railway - Blog Facebook Youtube