North staffs south cheshire

Anything related to the garden railway world that is not catered for in another board
johnto
Cleaner
Cleaner

North staffs south cheshire

Post by johnto » Tue Mar 12, 2019 9:18 pm

I am a mad garden rail fanatic living in this area g gauge 45mm track no electric all steam and battery unable to contact anyone in this area to discuss and talk about railways . No one of the club's seem to organize any meets beating to think Billy no mates. WOULD LIKE TO HEAR FROM ANY ONE IN THIS area with regards to meets
j moogan

FWLR
Driver
Driver

Re: North staffs south cheshire

Post by FWLR » Thu May 23, 2019 8:37 am

Are you a member of 16mm Today. They have a list of meet organisers in all areas. Just put a search in and you will find some useful information there.

Peter Butler
Driver
Driver

Post by Peter Butler » Thu May 23, 2019 11:56 am

Hi Johnto, it is true that some areas deem devoid of any other garden railway enthusiasts, but that is because we are fairly secretive about advertising what we do. When I began my build here in West Wales...... where is that they all say???, I thought I was alone too, however, we now have our own thriving group of about ten railways and we exchange visits regularly. Rod's suggestion is a good way to start, however, initial contact doesn't always get a response.
Try to visit as many local exhibitions as possible and talk to operators and organisers.... there is often a man who knows a man!
Persevere, and good luck.
The best things in life are free.... so why am I doing this?

Dragonfly
New User
New User

Post by Dragonfly » Wed Aug 28, 2019 2:56 pm

Hi Johnto,

(apologies for being late to the topic, but in case you're still looking)

I think the closest place would be Stafford & District Model Engineers Society at the County Showground on the A518. I'm based on Stoke too, and that's where I'll be joining. They have both 32mm and 45mm tracks and quite a few regular members. So that would be your best starting point, I'd say.

If you're also into general model railways I can also recommend Stafford Railway Circle, based on Emerald Way in Stone. We have four or five garden railway modellers now (quite new to it, admittedly, and all 32mm rather than 45mm) as well, so you'll likely find someone to talk to on the topic. No meets though; we either don't have railways of our own or are in the very early stages of building them.

Good luck,
Doug

DonW
Fireman
Fireman

Post by DonW » Wed Aug 28, 2019 5:20 pm

The is a 16mm Association group for Staffordshire/Black Country who also meet at the Stafford MES, and the Woodeves Light Railway. There are contact details in the latest Bulletin (posted with 16mm Today to members).
Don

ge_rik
Administrator
Administrator

Post by ge_rik » Wed Aug 28, 2019 8:57 pm

Hi Jon
I'm mid Cheshire and run 45mm battery. I sometimes go along to 16mm ngm assoc meets but they're mostly 32mm live steamers and so I'm a bit of an oddity.

Rik
------------------------
Peckforton Light Railway - Blog Facebook Youtube

FWLR
Driver
Driver

Post by FWLR » Fri Aug 30, 2019 8:22 am

ge_rik wrote: ↑Wed Aug 28, 2019 8:57 pm Hi Jon
.....but they're mostly 32mm live steamers and so I'm a bit of an oddity.

Rik
Aren't we all Rik.... :lol: :lol: :lol:

johnto
Cleaner
Cleaner

Post by johnto » Fri Sep 27, 2019 3:29 pm

Sorry rik just notice your reply i am on holiday in till the end of Sept . I would like to meet another odd ball thanks johnto
j moogan