Roundhouse

Anything related to the garden railway world that is not catered for in another board
quarryman
New User
New User

Roundhouse

Post by quarryman » Mon Jul 09, 2018 1:45 am

I want to let every one know about the excellent customer service I have recently had from Roundhouse.
I had a few issues with a locomotive that they have dealt with in a very efficient , no nonsense manner.
I live not too far away from their factory so was able to meet Harri and Alex , two very helpful and friendly people who between them sure I was happy with the outcome . Cannot fault their after sales service in any way.
I am now looking forward to many happy days with the locomotive.
:D :D

IanC
Trainee Driver
Trainee Driver

Re: Roundhouse

Post by IanC » Mon Jul 09, 2018 8:46 am

Nothing but praise from me either. I recently had a minor problem with my Lady Anne. A couple of calls to Roundhouse gave me some ideas what the problem might be. They were happy to take as much time as necessary to resolve the issue. I even bought a spare part from them, even though they told me it was a standard part I could buy cheaper elsewhere! Despite my locomotive being well out of the guarantee period the reports I've had, and my experience confirms that their after sales service are first class.

Ian
Ian

Tingewickmax
Cleaner
Cleaner

Post by Tingewickmax » Mon Jul 09, 2018 5:39 pm

They changed over the r/c kit as supplied on my Darj' when I could not get on with "car" wheel and trigger RX rather than the usual "aircraft" twin stick type - at no cost and no quibble. Great company, every garden railway, and those who run indoors, should be home to one of their products.

Keith S
Driver
Driver

Post by Keith S » Sat Jul 21, 2018 7:07 pm

This has always been their reputation, and one of the reasons to purchase a Roundhouse engine. It's nice to hear they are keeping it up.

Big Jim

Post by Big Jim » Tue Jul 24, 2018 10:58 am

I wholeheartedly agree.
Very helpful and good to deal with.
If at first you don't succeed, use a bigger hammer!

River Lin
Fireman
Fireman

Post by River Lin » Wed Jul 25, 2018 8:43 pm

And I agree too.
David.
David T.

big-ted
Trainee Fireman
Trainee Fireman

Post by big-ted » Fri Jul 27, 2018 6:46 pm

When I built my Lady Anne Kit I failed to heed the warning not to overtighten the expansion link bush. Needless to say, it broke. Phoned Roundhouse the next day and sheepishly confessed to my error, and they sent me a replacement, to Canada, with not even a charge for postage. Top notch service indeed.

dougrail
Driver
Driver

Post by dougrail » Sun Jul 29, 2018 10:48 am

Roundhouse are brilliant. On both experiences with them direct, they've been top notch:-

1)Reboilering a Lady Anne with a Billy Boiler. They advertise the "boiler kit" [all fittings etc]. Didn't need that, just the boiler barrel and wrap. Called them up. Could they do just the barrel and wrap? 'Actually, yes we can!' - price given, much less than the 'full kit'. Ace. Place order. Christine then going through a small checklist, 'will you need this mount so as to get the gas burner in place'? Lovely to think of that - I do have it all alrady, it's a direct swap, not a new build, I have everything ready just needed the Billy barrel thankyou. 'Ah'. But great that they make sure of things like so.

2)Purchasing a new loco - visited the factory. Paid card no problem. Loco was test steamed hauling a 29kg block around their little layout. All extras bought there and then and advice given. Service with a smile. Brilliant day out.

There's a reason RH are the top of the pile.

FWLR
Driver
Driver

Post by FWLR » Mon Jul 30, 2018 7:08 pm

I had to get in touch with them for a gas lighting problem I had with my “Billy”…

Can’t fault them in any way. Not going to go into all the help I received, if you have had dealings with them, you will know how helpful they are… :thumbright: :thumbright: