Garden Railway Survey

Anything related to the garden railway world that is not catered for in another board
tom_tom_go
Driver
Driver

Re: Garden Railway Survey

Post by tom_tom_go » Sat Jun 23, 2018 12:17 pm

To see total users and guests you have to go to the main index page (we normally have 20 - 30 guests).

The statistics you saw Phil were for the forum you were currently viewing (I know we call the entire GRF a forum but actually each section is a forum).

The total registered users have either been or are active with content posted or active viewers but no posts.

I periodically delete registered users who do not post or login to the forum after x amount of time.

philipy

Post by philipy » Sat Jun 23, 2018 12:45 pm

Thanks Tom.
So in fact the ratio of non-posters to posters is probably even higher than I thought?
Philip

tom_tom_go
Driver
Driver

Post by tom_tom_go » Sat Jun 23, 2018 5:20 pm

philipy wrote: Sat Jun 23, 2018 12:45 pm So in fact the ratio of non-posters to posters is probably even higher than I thought?
I think that's true of most forums or similar style sites.

invicta280
Trainee Driver
Trainee Driver

Post by invicta280 » Sat Jun 23, 2018 7:14 pm

You could get some interesting stats out of this, even if it confirms our prejudices about garden railways being the preserve of men, mostly middle aged or older, probably bearded real ale drinkers. Hang on, that's me :scratch: :lol:
As soon as I see a survey these days I go on the defensive, as there is usually some hidden motive or data trawling involved. I know there are no questionable motives in this case, so I will give it a go I s'pose.

in the section 'Do you have a garden railway' it could be handy to have an option for 'under construction but not yet operating' or does it still count as a garden railway?

Maple
Trainee Fireman
Trainee Fireman

Post by Maple » Sat Jun 30, 2018 1:15 pm

excellent idea and done :)
'Professional Bodge artist '