A quick run this afternoon

Anything related to the garden railway world that is not catered for in another board
Big Jim

A quick run this afternoon

Post by Big Jim » Sun Nov 26, 2017 4:08 pm

I managed to wangle a quick run on the track of the Llanelli and District MRC this afternoon.
The track is not the largest and really too sharp of curve for my RH Russell to perform well, but it did allow me to test the new BV.
I took my Son and Heir with me who wanted to run some wagons that he has built from kits produced by Phil Shaples so I had the perfect excuse.

The season has definitely turned from the mists and mellow fruitfulness of autumn to the chill winds and days cold as charity.
The temperature was just high enough to get steam up using butane, I am not sure what a thermometer would have read but it felt somewhere between 'Chuffing Nobbling' and 'Brass Monkey's'. The local council are advertising for a new worker who will be responsible for snapping dogs off lamposts.
One of my congregation remarked to me this morning "Winter draws on Fr. Jim" I have no idea how she knew, perhaps my cassock was a riding a bit high?
If at first you don't succeed, use a bigger hammer!

Big Jim

Re: A quick run this afternoon

Post by Big Jim » Sun Nov 26, 2017 4:11 pm

I have just noticed that the above was my 2001st post :occasion5: :occasion5: :occasion6: :occasion7: :occasion9: :blob3: :blob4: :blob5:

tom_tom_go
Driver
Driver

Post by tom_tom_go » Sun Nov 26, 2017 4:48 pm

Brave man Jimbo, although cheating wearing your winter pants.

I have not run anything outside for weeks, feeling the cold this winter for some reason.

Peter Butler
Driver
Driver

Post by Peter Butler » Sun Nov 26, 2017 5:03 pm

Nice pictures Jim... I can see you had crowd trouble but otherwise a very pleasant afternoon. At least you had something warm provided judging by the cups.
The brake-van has made an appearance too, how did it perform?
The best things in life are free.... so why am I doing this?

ge_rik
Administrator
Administrator

Post by ge_rik » Sun Nov 26, 2017 5:18 pm

Big Jim wrote: Sun Nov 26, 2017 4:11 pm I have just noticed that the above was my 2001st post :occasion5: :occasion5: :occasion6: :occasion7: :occasion9: :blob3: :blob4: :blob5:
Hearty congratulations! :thumbright: :occasion9:
I think the Atlantic breeze must have warmed up a bit by the time it reached Cheshire, though it did snow yesterday.

Rik
------------------------
Peckforton Light Railway - Blog Facebook Youtube

Big Jim

Post by Big Jim » Sun Nov 26, 2017 6:19 pm

The brake van ran very well Peter. I just need to build some suitably sized vans for it

IrishPeter
Driver
Driver

Post by IrishPeter » Mon Nov 27, 2017 1:07 am

Glad to hear that you were able to get out for a run this afternoon, and that the BV worked OK first time out.

Definitely winter here too - my lot would not keep their hands of the chuffing thermostat this morning. Strangely, the thermostat fiddlers are the same folks who ask me why I do not wear the parish's Winter North Atlantic weight chasubles! :roll: Matins next week, so a break from the sauna.

Cheers,
Peter in Va.
Traffic Pattern? What pattern? Spuds out; grain in, but cattle, sheep and passengers are a lot less predictable.

FWLR
Driver
Driver

Post by FWLR » Tue Nov 28, 2017 7:10 am

Big Jim wrote: Sun Nov 26, 2017 4:11 pm I have just noticed that the above was my 2001st post :occasion5: :occasion5: :occasion6: :occasion7: :occasion9: :blob3: :blob4: :blob5:
Congratulations Jim, your’e an inspiration to your’e son, or is it the other way round. :lol: :lol: