The PMR - Modernisation?

Anything related to the garden railway world that is not catered for in another board
Big Jim

The PMR - Modernisation?

Post by Big Jim » Fri Nov 24, 2017 9:39 am

Due to a severe shortage of cash, The Rt. Hon Titus A. Duxsarrs, the owner of this long neglected, long forgotten railway is attempting to re-establish some form of service on the currently moribund PMR. A recent trip across the Irish Sea to attend the Wales vs. Ireland Pro-Am Leprechaun taunting tournament, which included some travel on the local 3ft lines had set an idea in His Lordships head.

Simultaneously and at the same time an event back in West Wales was also to prove somewhat inspirational....

It all started a few weeks ago in the back bar of the Sheep and Cliff Edge, a very disreputable tavern at the edge of the village. Big Dai and his friend Little Dai had been celebrating a good win at the local Man vs. Squirrel telegraph pole climbing competition. The pair of them had consumed vast quantities of Granddlestons Old Excruciating and were now thinking about making their way home. Big Dai had his car outside and was looking for his keys when Little Dai pointed out that he was far too drunk to drive. Big Dai argued that he drove better when plastered as his double vision cleared up and he didn't squint so much. A small, but good spirited fight broke out between the two friends. This was only broken up when Dai Uretic pushed his way through the scuffling pair on his cross-legged way to the Gents. Clutching a bleeding nose, Big Dai agreed that perhaps his friend was right and that they should take the bus.

The two of them wandered down to the bus garage to find some transport home. Little Dai waited outside while his fellow drunkard went in to enquire about the times of the next bus to home. Big Dai was gone for ages, but he eventually emerged and soon the pair of them were homeward bound. The route that they took was somewhat unusual, rather than going around the roads the bus seemed to follow the route of the mothballed railway. This led to quite a bumpy and uncomfortable trip for the two friends. This got rather worse as they approached the portal of the Cwmtwch tunnel, with no sign of slowing down. Big Dai cried out "Hold on tight Dai bach, this looks like it may get a little interesting". What was a double decker at the north end of the bore had become a single decker by the time they reached the south end.

With a feeling of great relief the bus stopped at the correct stop and the two freinds, ashen faced and damp of trouser, alighted on rubbery legs. "Well Dai" said Little Dai. "I now know why that Pope fellow kisses runways".

Big Dai surveyed the wrecked charabanc, the pride of the Pentremorgan Omnibus and Dry Cleaning Company and said "I am never taking the bus again boyo, I should never have listened to you. You know I have never in my life ever driven a bus before and how in the name of St. David are we going to get it back to the depot without someone noticing."

To be continued............
If at first you don't succeed, use a bigger hammer!

merlin2
Cleaner
Cleaner

Re: The PMR - Modernisation?

Post by merlin2 » Fri Nov 24, 2017 11:04 am

Brilliant!!!!! :D
Merlin

tom_tom_go
Driver
Driver

Post by tom_tom_go » Fri Nov 24, 2017 2:36 pm

Maybe the bus can now be converted for the railway now it has been 'stream lined'.

markoteal
Trainee Driver
Trainee Driver

Post by markoteal » Fri Nov 24, 2017 2:41 pm

Great story - I smell a railbus project is about to be launched on us!
Where did I put that uncoupler?

Peter Butler
Driver
Driver

Post by Peter Butler » Fri Nov 24, 2017 11:21 pm

Jim, I just have to come to one of your sermons...... I bet you have 'em rolling in the aisle!
The best things in life are free.... so why am I doing this?

FWLR
Driver
Driver

Post by FWLR » Sat Nov 25, 2017 8:23 am

Well he has got me rolling anyway....... :laughing3: :laughing3: :laughing3: :laughing3: