Travels of Frank S and the Autism express

Anything related to the garden railway world that is not catered for in another board
artfull dodger
Trainee Driver
Trainee Driver

Travels of Frank S and the Autism express

Post by artfull dodger » Sun Oct 16, 2016 2:36 am

I myself am on the autism spectrum having been diagnosed with Asperger's Syndrome just before my 41st birthday. Trains have been my go to comfort item to calm down my whole life, they are a passion and my primary obsession. My steamer of choice is the Frank S, a joint venture between LGB and Aster. Easy to operate, affordable to purchase and mine has 2.4ghz RC installed. The custom car I made started out as a LGB club convention car, it was cheap and easy to cover most all the factory graphics I wanted to cover. I have taken the car to 2 steam ups now and it gets many comments. I have built 3 other cars but they get pulled by a USA prototype battery powered engine for now. The train and its special car help break the ice and get me out of my shell to talk to others( I am verbal unless really stressed or scared). But most of the time I am in my own little world in my mind when running trains. When not pulling my Euro consist with Frank S, I use an LGB 2073d with onboard battery power I installed. First two pics are from a steam up in Michigan, third is from the RLD Hobbies open house last weekend and the last are from a twilight run on my garden railway tonight. Last pic is my homage to my days as a G Scale Madder. The Autism car carries my membership pin as its tail sign, still need to get the tail lantern lighted yet though. Enjoy! Mike the Aspie
Silly NT's.....I have Asperger's Syndrome!