Chassis everywhere!

Anything related to the garden railway world that is not catered for in another board
-steves-
Administrator
Administrator

Chassis everywhere!

Post by -steves- » Sun Dec 06, 2015 9:41 pm

Well, after having an early Christmas present and my wife letting me have a very good deal on some chassis, I am starting to have a look at them. 4 of them are fully workable and 2 need a bit of work. More on the bit more work ones later.

3 of the chassis were quite short, after a bit of research it turns out these are GRS.co.uk chassis, however, someone obviously wanted them for a purpose and had cut all 3 of the chassis sides to as small as you can go and still get the wheels in. I decided for my job I would likely want something bigger, so off we set with some metal work.

In this post are all the other chassis that I managed to pick up, as I said, some need a fair bit of work, others don't, but still very very happy with my purchase, open to ideas what to turn them all into as at this stage, I honestly don't have a clue??

This is how they were.

After a trip to Mackays of Cambridge and their very handy metal shop, some 1.5mm sheet steel was purchased and they even cut it down into 30mm strips for me, very kind of them. Some very very careful drilling later and this is what we ended up with, I am very happy with this as there is no pull on the connecting rods so I guess my drilling must have been in the right places, just 2 more sets to make now, lol
Obviously still needs a blast of paint, but all in good time,

The buck stops here .......

Ditton Meadow Light Railway (DMLR)
Member of Peterborough and District Association
http://peterborough.16mm.org.uk/