A big thanks to Mike

Anything related to the garden railway world that is not catered for in another board
-steves-
Administrator
Administrator

A big thanks to Mike

Post by -steves- » Fri Sep 18, 2015 6:11 pm

As we all know, customer service is something thats somewhat lacking these days from many outlets up and down the country.

I just wanted to say a HUGE thank you to Mike at Chuffed 2 bits, for what can only be described as the absolute best customer service I have ever had. He has emailed me many times, replying to all sorts of dumb questions that I kept asking, he has replaced an item for me, and even sent me a video of it working, but what made it special was he said, "Hi Steve" in it, it made it very personal and I felt like I was being looked after as a special customer, and yet, these are my first dealings with Mike.

Exemplary and he will definitely be getting my business again.
:D

Keith S
Driver
Driver

Post by Keith S » Fri Sep 18, 2015 6:41 pm

I agree. I have found this level of service to be fairly consistent among all the small suppliers in this hobby, including Mr. Darby.

I have managed to ruin all my little internally-lit locomotive lamps trying to change the batteries in them, and when I sent Mike an E-mail asking if I could send them to him for repair, he sent me a short message saying "send them on". For some reason I found this very friendly. (I have yet to send them because I have an aversion to going to the post-office, there is a lady who infuriates me with her slow service, to the point where I can barely muster the will to go in there)

Anyway, I second your sentiments. Sometimes you ring someone or send an E-mail to someone, and they make you feel like you are talking to a friend. This is one of the things that makes garden railways such a gratifying hobby.

Andrew

Post by Andrew » Fri Sep 18, 2015 9:23 pm

If you drop off or pick items up in person his customer service extends to a cup of tea in the garden. For us fellas that comes in a mug - cups and saucers are reserved "for the ladies". My Mum can vouch for this - she lives nearby-ish and has picked a loco up for me, receiving the Darby cuppa in the process... Yep, Mike's a lovely bloke.

Andrew.

Big Al
Fireman
Fireman

Post by Big Al » Mon Sep 21, 2015 12:54 pm

Must agree with above great service and quick response to any questions..
Allen Hopper - early retirement can't beat it !