The Great Garden Railway Inspection Reports

Anything related to the garden railway world that is not catered for in another board
philipy

VOLUNTEERS WANTED

Post by philipy » Thu Nov 25, 2021 12:42 pm

I think I'm right in saying that the Inspector only has one more Aussie line to visit before he moves on.
We therefore need new volunteers to be inspected! It doesn't matter where in the world you are, he has of course done the UK and has been to Russia and Australia. He is fully vaccinated and complies with all known Covid entry requirements, worldwide. So come on folks, sign up :lol: :lol:

Andrew

Re: The Great Garden Railway Inspection Reports

Post by Andrew » Thu Nov 25, 2021 7:10 pm

Another excellent report, very entertaining, well done Jake! Some lovely photos too, I particularly like the ones of the inspector poking around the yard.

I think he's got the wrong end of the stick in the final photos though - he's not shrunk, that's just a MASSIVE loco. It looks very nice, by the way, do you have a picture of the rest of it?

All the best,

Andrew.

Andrew

Re: VOLUNTEERS WANTED

Post by Andrew » Thu Nov 25, 2021 7:12 pm

philipy wrote:
Thu Nov 25, 2021 12:42 pm
I think I'm right in saying that the Inspector only has one more Aussie line to visit before he moves on.
We therefore need new volunteers to be inspected! It doesn't matter where in the world you are, he has of course done the UK and has been to Russia and Australia. He is fully vaccinated and complies with all known Covid entry requirements, worldwide. So come on folks, sign up :lol: :lol:
I wonder if any of our quieter members who don't normally post would like to take this as a fun opportunity to introduce themselves? Come on folks, we'd love to see pictures of your railways - and The Inspector isn't too scary, he hasn't actually shut any of us down, yet...

Old Man Aaron
Fireman
Fireman

Post by Old Man Aaron » Fri Nov 26, 2021 11:59 am

Aye, another very enjoyable report!
As an aside, I think that shot with "Pozieres" been the Inspector's first brush with a "Giant" loco?

Perhaps if the Inspector's current travels are indeed coming to an end, he might make some new rounds in a few years time?
Circumstance may have conspired against Mr. Spectre's intended visit to the Queensland canefields next year, :oops: But Scum Class Works (only an hour North of Potters Orchid!) would be very happy to meet his travel costs from the UK, once we can finally provide him a functioning line to properly inspect.

Well put, Andrew and Phil!
Regards,
Aaron - Scum Class Works

ge_rik
Administrator
Administrator

Post by ge_rik » Fri Nov 26, 2021 1:04 pm

I love that railmotor. I just wonder what the other two (or maybe more) look like .... :)

Rik
------------------------
Peckforton Light Railway - Blog Facebook Youtube

Lonsdaler
Trainee Driver
Trainee Driver

Post by Lonsdaler » Tue Nov 30, 2021 9:53 pm

Thanks for another entertaining report - Australia has proved to be a very fertile source for inspections!
And just to add to Andrew and Philip's comments - if you have never had an inspection, it really isn't as bad as it sounds, and gives a perfect opportunity to show off your pride and joy. And as has been mentioned, no line has ever been closed due to an inspector's visit. He's a very reasonable man. :lol:
Phil

Previously sporadic Garden Railer who's getting more consistent

My Line - https://gardenrails.org/forum/viewtopic ... 41&t=11077