Railway Modeller - Brockhampton & Umbridge

Anything related to the garden railway world that is not catered for in another board
ge_rik
Driver
Driver

Railway Modeller - Brockhampton & Umbridge

Post by ge_rik » Thu Jul 11, 2019 12:48 pm

Excellent article from Peter in the August edition of RM describing his railway - with a wonderful set of photos. Congratulations, Peter. I'm sure this will tempt many to venture out into the garden.

Thanks also for the honorable mention. The RC Trains Tx22 shown in the photo is of special significance - it was the very first RC Trains transmitter off the production line.

Rik
------------------------
Peckforton Light Railway - Blog Facebook Youtube

Peter Butler
Driver
Driver

Re: Railway Modeller - Brockhampton & Umbridge

Post by Peter Butler » Thu Jul 11, 2019 2:41 pm

Thank you Rik, I am so pleased with the article, particularly as a garden railway has managed 'Railway of the Month' status in the magazine.
The fact that RM has such a broad reader audience might just help to promote garden railways as an alternative. Now that detailing of infrastructure has become possible it opens up many possibilities for creative modellers.
The RC Trains controller is an essential piece of equipment on my railway and deserves to be recognised and promoted.
The best things in life are free.... so why am I doing this?

SimonWood
Trainee Fireman
Trainee Fireman

Post by SimonWood » Thu Jul 11, 2019 3:34 pm

Right - I'm off to my nearest newsagent to track down a copy!

FWLR
Driver
Driver

Post by FWLR » Fri Jul 12, 2019 8:07 am

Just read your article Peter and I must say what a difference in style to other magazines. It was a great read and so much more information without the "Look at what I have done" way it's portrayed in the other mags.
The photos are actually very good and the one of you somehow just suits your line... :lol: :lol:
You have hopefully given some of the other scale modellers a good insight into our scale and given them something to enjoy just as we do.
After reading your article, I was a little bit dismayed at how unlike the real thing the other article about the Project of the Month was....It paled in comparison to yours by a long way. The other thing about RM I think is a bit of a let down, is how far you needed to go before you got to your article. Too many pages (38) on traders before we got to get to read it. :roll:

Still I bet you are very proud to have been given the opportunity to write and appear in such a magazine that will hopefully bring more people to our scale.
I am over the moon for you mate...

WELL DONE...... :thumbright: :thumbright:
Rod

Life is so easy when I run my trains. :thumbright:

🚂🚃🚃🚃🚃🚃🚃🚃🚃🚃

https://gardenrails.org/forum/viewtopic ... 41&t=11364

philipy
Director
Director

Post by philipy » Sun Jul 14, 2019 6:54 pm

Just got my hands on a copy of the mag. Excellent write up Peter, well done.

First time I've bought or even read the Todeller since sometime in the 80's, I think. It has changed hasn't it! So has the price of small scale RTR stuff, Wow it's Eye-watering these days.

SimonWood
Trainee Fireman
Trainee Fireman

Post by SimonWood » Mon Jul 15, 2019 3:26 pm

Wonderful write-up and the pictures are superb, I assume the models were static so he could get that long focal length & huge depth of field making the most of the realism of your models! As I was sat in the cafe reading it over breakfast, I had to show it to the cafe owner - he was amazed at how realistic everything in each scene looked. I think the way you emphasised your journey from indoor modeller (Umbridge station) to the outdoors should give RM's readers some encouragement to make the same journey - and since there are rather a lot of them, surely a fair few will come outdoors and join us! I'm sure a great many will have been inspired.