North staffs south cheshire

Anything related to the garden railway world that is not catered for in another board
johnto
Cleaner
Cleaner

North staffs south cheshire

Post by johnto » Tue Mar 12, 2019 9:18 pm

I am a mad garden rail fanatic living in this area g gauge 45mm track no electric all steam and battery unable to contact anyone in this area to discuss and talk about railways . No one of the club's seem to organize any meets beating to think Billy no mates. WOULD LIKE TO HEAR FROM ANY ONE IN THIS area with regards to meets
j moogan

FWLR
Driver
Driver

Re: North staffs south cheshire

Post by FWLR » Thu May 23, 2019 8:37 am

Are you a member of 16mm Today. They have a list of meet organisers in all areas. Just put a search in and you will find some useful information there.
Rod

Life is so easy when I run my trains. :thumbright:

🚂🚃🚃🚃🚃🚃🚃🚃🚃🚃

https://gardenrails.org/forum/viewtopic ... 41&t=11364

Peter Butler
Driver
Driver

Re: North staffs south cheshire

Post by Peter Butler » Thu May 23, 2019 11:56 am

Hi Johnto, it is true that some areas deem devoid of any other garden railway enthusiasts, but that is because we are fairly secretive about advertising what we do. When I began my build here in West Wales...... where is that they all say???, I thought I was alone too, however, we now have our own thriving group of about ten railways and we exchange visits regularly. Rod's suggestion is a good way to start, however, initial contact doesn't always get a response.
Try to visit as many local exhibitions as possible and talk to operators and organisers.... there is often a man who knows a man!
Persevere, and good luck.
The best things in life are free.... so why am I doing this?