Bowaters Models - 16mm Rolling Stock Kits

Announcements on new models and reviews should be posted here
angr607
Fireman
Fireman

Re: Bowaters Models - 16mm Rolling Stock Kits

Post by angr607 » Sat Nov 02, 2019 7:16 pm

Peter Butler wrote: Sat Nov 02, 2019 5:34 pm I do love that coach and I think it is a wonderful addition to your range, but...... and there is always a but!..... of the 25 items you have had pointed out which needed correction, did no-one mention the distinctive rake of the curved end observation windows, which I think are an important identifying feature of this elegant coach?
I can understand the manufacturing issues involved in the build, but I believe that if I built one similar it would be a point of discussion amongst the Forum members.
Sorry to be picky, especially at this stage of production, but if customers are content then let it be!
Hi,

A correct point to make based on the image presented. It does however feature such a rake. However from that image its hard to see. To say we've had hell with that domed end is a complete understatement with a huge amount of time sunk into getting it as close to right as possible. 150 in comparison was a angel to work on compared to Glaslyn. We're happy enough with it to release and it seems our customers are too! We're still looking at another set of improvements to it before we start main production but that's waiting on a spare 5 minutes to be able to start working on it as the source file is now so broken it'll be faster to start again from scratch than butcher it anymore.

I hope to get it in the garden for some better images once the weather improves (enough).

Jon
Bowaters Models:- http://www.bowatersmodels.co.uk

Current Projects:-
Rebuilding the Railway!
Turning a Second hand 'Superior' into Bowaters 'Superior'

Peter Butler
Driver
Driver

Post by Peter Butler » Sat Nov 02, 2019 7:48 pm

Thanks for the reply, I thought it would present a challenge and you seem to have mastered it. It isn't obvious from the angle of the picture so I will be pleased to see the final result.
The best things in life are free.... so why am I doing this?

angr607
Fireman
Fireman

Post by angr607 » Thu Nov 28, 2019 9:21 pm

Two posts in one. My mind's been else where rather unsurprisingly. See below -

Original date of posting on facebook - 16/11/2019

General notice to all customers of both the main range and any ongoing commissions. Jon, who runs Bowaters Models, is currently dealing with some personal medical issues which must take priority. This means work on a number of projects (such as our 2020 range and the Avontuur Models range) has stopped to allow Jon to focus on his health. All orders currently with us are being processed as and when things allow with Jon doing his best to get them to you by Christmas. There is currently no reason why this can’t be achieved. However please do bear with us as other priorities have to take priority encase this can’t be achieved.

If you have any questions, please let us know.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Original date of posting on facebook - 28/11/2019

Thanks to help from family members, things are starting to progress nicely. To the point, we're comfortable enough to do our first Black Friday/Cyber Monday sale! With delivery times in time for Christmas, we're offering 10% off your entire order! It will be applied automatically by the website so if there's something that you want, now will be the time to do it! And yes, we will be planning to get everything to you by Christmas at the absolute latest! The discount is applied automatically between midnight on Black Friday to midnight on Cyber Monday.

Check out our website and see what takes your fancy!:- http://shop.bowatersmodels.co.uk

Any questions let me know. All existing orders will be processed hopefully by the end of next week depending on when me and my family (mainly my family) can get everything done. We are getting there though. Well wishes on facebook have been gratefully received towards my health which is currently being dealt with.

Rebuilding the Railway!

JMORG
Trainee Driver
Trainee Driver

Post by JMORG » Fri Nov 29, 2019 5:56 am

Hope your health improves Jon, looking forward to seeing more from Bowaters!

Andrew

Post by Andrew » Fri Nov 29, 2019 10:36 am

JMORG wrote: Fri Nov 29, 2019 5:56 am Hope your health improves Jon, looking forward to seeing more from Bowaters!
Yes, absolutely - look after yourself!

With very best wishes,

Andrew.

angr607
Fireman
Fireman

Post by angr607 » Sat Nov 30, 2019 4:43 pm

Thanks for the well wishes guys! Its very much appreciated!

I might be focusing on my health (its getting there) but that doesn't mean I can't have ideas! And this is one of them.

Just putting the feelers out there, who would be interested in either a shortie version of our FR stock or a brand new FR Observation Coach covering either the original 100 or 101 as built. 101 being the one we're looking at. If you're interested, let me know!!!! Potentially, health dependent, the first ones will be at Peterborough with our first IoM coach.

Our version of 123 is shown as a reference model. 101 will be based on this abet in its original guise.

Jon
Last edited by angr607 on Wed Dec 04, 2019 9:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Rebuilding the Railway!

angr607
Fireman
Fireman

Post by angr607 » Wed Dec 04, 2019 3:49 pm

Thanks to friends and family helping out while Jon focuses on his health (it’s very slowly getting there), we’re delighted to confirm we’ve moved our last order date before Christmas to the 10th of December! So you still have time to order in time for Christmas!!! Any orders received after this date will still be processed and cut but we can’t ensure delivery in time.

Check out our website to see what our range has to offer! From our Ffestiniog and Welsh Highland Railway range to our ashover coaches to rolling stock from the other side of the Atlantic, we’re sure we have something for everyone! We also have a growing range of motive power for those looking for something to run on your railway!

Check out our website here - http://shop.bowatersmodels.co.uk
Last edited by angr607 on Wed Dec 04, 2019 9:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Rebuilding the Railway!

ge_rik
Administrator
Administrator

Post by ge_rik » Wed Dec 04, 2019 6:07 pm

I don't seem to be able to see the photos in the Bowater posts. All I get is an 'image' placeholder icon. Images from other posters appear ok . Is it just me or is anyone else getting the same?

Rik
------------------------
Peckforton Light Railway - Blog Facebook Youtube

angr607
Fireman
Fireman

Post by angr607 » Wed Dec 04, 2019 6:42 pm

ge_rik wrote: Wed Dec 04, 2019 6:07 pm I don't seem to be able to see the photos in the Bowater posts. All I get is an 'image' placeholder icon. Images from other posters appear ok . Is it just me or is anyone else getting the same?

Rik
I had a website crash which took all the old images down in one go. Hence I moved everything to google images. However it seems there are issues with that too. Give me some time and I'll see what I can do.

Jon

Rebuilding the Railway!

angr607
Fireman
Fireman

Post by angr607 » Wed Dec 04, 2019 9:09 pm

ge_rik wrote: Wed Dec 04, 2019 6:07 pm I don't seem to be able to see the photos in the Bowater posts. All I get is an 'image' placeholder icon. Images from other posters appear ok . Is it just me or is anyone else getting the same?

Rik
Hopefully its now fixed. For the 4th time this year.

Jon

Rebuilding the Railway!

ge_rik
Administrator
Administrator

Post by ge_rik » Thu Dec 05, 2019 7:32 am

angr607 wrote: Wed Dec 04, 2019 9:09 pm Hopefully its now fixed. For the 4th time this year.

Jon
Thanks Jon. All showing up now. Great looking models btw.

Rik
------------------------
Peckforton Light Railway - Blog Facebook Youtube

angr607
Fireman
Fireman

Post by angr607 » Mon Dec 30, 2019 7:25 pm

Its nearly new years and to celebrate our 5th year in business, we're having a new years sale! Save 10% off your entire order (excluding PDF Models products and Train Packs) and save 5% off all Train Packs! We've also added a Superbarn Multipack along with adding the PDF Models Blanche as an option for Train Packs. All orders will be cut starting on the 6th of January and will be available on our normal 3-4 week turnaround! The discounts are applied automatically so you don't need to enter any codes! The savings start from Midnight tonight until Midnight on Thursday so check out the site and see what you can save!

Also Jon is very very slowly returning to working again so projects are slowly happening again. Please bear with him as it's only him doing all the work and there are still a number of tasks he can't do at the moment due to ongoing illness. BUT he has got something done in the week off he's had since we went on holiday. Join our facebook group to see it for yourself!

Webstore - shop.bowatersmodels.co.uk
Our Facebook group - Bowaters Models 16mm Laser Cut Motive Power and Rolling Stock

Rebuilding the Railway!

angr607
Fireman
Fireman

Post by angr607 » Thu Jan 09, 2020 1:12 pm

Two of our engines that have slowly been built in house over the last couple of months. One for a customer and one for us to use internally. We are however thinking about offering Ready to Run as a new option. What do you think? We’d be offering it on our Barton Hall, Victor and Emma Kits at first but with plans to include our Class 91 and Upnor Castle models in time. Standard fit would include Radio Control using Deltang equipment and would come on in a range of humbrol colours. Couplings would be Accucraft Chopper Couplings as standard but as shown on the Barton Hall Model, we can fit LGB as well if the customer would like! We’re only taking expressions of interest at the moment to see if it’s something people would like so let us know!

The rough costings for a Ready to run option will be the Kit cost times two plus the RC as that fit will vary from customer to customer. On some kits, we can even do a custom design to run with switches instead of radio control (the Tank, Victor and Barton Hall being the early candidates for such a conversion). So for example, our Emma kit ready to run would could £135 for the kit, £135 for building and then the Radio Control gear on top. Note, these are just rough prices. Some will cost more to build as they are more complex while others being simpler won’t cost as much. The cost of the kit times two is our rough ballpark across the whole range.

Rebuilding the Railway!

TheChestnutLine
Trainee Fireman
Trainee Fireman

Post by TheChestnutLine » Thu Jan 09, 2020 8:23 pm

I would be very interested, especially for an Upnor Castle.
James

angr607
Fireman
Fireman

Post by angr607 » Wed Jan 22, 2020 7:47 pm

Did you know Bowaters Models sometimes have kits in stock available for immediate delivery? Right now we have 6 kits available covering a wide range of prototypes! Available right now, we have the following:-

BME-008 Hunslet Tunnelling Engine 'Emma' in Acrylic for 32mm gauge or without bogies and couplings (45mm gauge version available to order).
BMF-011 Ffestiniog Railway Coach 22/26 in MDF for 32mm gauge, 45mm gauge or without bogies and couplings
BMF-012 Ffestiniog Railway Coach 104 in MDF for 32mm gauge, 45mm gauge or without bogies and couplings
BMF-032 Ffestiniog Railway Coach 114 in MDF for 32mm gauge, 45mm gauge or without bogies and couplings
BMF-042 Ffestiniog Railway Coach 116 in Plywood for 32mm gauge, 45mm gauge or without bogies and couplings
BMS-103 Sandy River and Rangeley Lakes Box Car 120-157 in MDF for 32mm gauge, 45mm gauge or without bogies and couplings

All these are available in stock and can be found on our website! Check them out and why not add them to your railway! We ship worldwide and if we don't have it in stock, we can happily cut you one for you on our normal delivery timings!

To view what we have in stock, click here - https://shop.bowatersmodels.co.uk/colle ... ilable-now

Rebuilding the Railway!

angr607
Fireman
Fireman

Post by angr607 » Sat Feb 08, 2020 1:17 pm

Time for the first reveal for 2020 from Bowaters Models! Our Sandy River and Rangeley Lakes Railroad Passenger Cars 14, 21/22 and 31!

Covering three different car designs with an alternative roof for the combine, all of them feature: a new design of chassis (which is being rolled out across the entire Sandy River range and included in the Bridgton Designs from day one); platform handrails as standard; a suitably modifiable interior for those who want to take things to the next level, and a easy to build roof!

As standard, they come in MDF with Accucraft Chopper couplings, 3D printed parts and bogies in either 32mm or 45mm gauge. All 3 passenger cars are based on the real life coaches that operated on the Sandy River and Rangeley Lakes (both it’s predecessors, the railroad itself and in preservation) and all have real world prototypes. We’ve covered Combine 14 (both as built and with its swayback roof), Passenger Car 21/22 and Excursion Car 31. This allows a prototypical 1-4 car plus train to be modelled with ease. Should these cars sell well, then others may follow as the design allows for changes with ease.

And here’s the thing, you will notice something different about the window openings of 21 and 14 with swayback roof. Yes that’s right, windows!!! We’re still evaluating them, but so far we’re very happy with them! They either fit into the openings or behind them depending on the model. We will be adding them as an optional extra for those who want them for their models. Pricing to be confirmed and we plan to launch this option at Peterborough!

Pricing of the Excursion Car 31 is £90 in MDF and the others is £120 in MDF. Plywood is also available and is an extra £15 per kit. At the start of our 5th year of continued and ever growing operation, these kits will be available as of the 1st of March and will be available for collection at Peterborough. If you want to take up this option, please either email us or message us on Facebook/Instagram by the 28th February 2020 to be able to do so! With plenty more in the works, like our Facebook page and or follow our Instagram as you won’t want to miss what comes next!

E-mail Address: info@bowatersmodels.co.uk
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/bowatersmodels/
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/bowatersmodels/

Rebuilding the Railway!

angr607
Fireman
Fireman

Post by angr607 » Sun Feb 23, 2020 3:36 pm

Time for the second reveal for 2020 from Bowaters Models! Our Sandy River and Rangeley Lakes Railroad caboose 557/558!

This kit covers the final cabooses built new for the SR&RL and is the most requested version since we released our first cabooses 2 years ago. Featuring the same proven design as our existing cabooses with an improved chassis, this is the smallest caboose in our range and possibly the most distinctive. Along with her fellow cabooses, they’re available on 32mm gauge and 45mm gauge as well as being available in Plywood on request. It also comes as standard with our new SR&RL handrails which is something we will be rolling out across the entire SR&RL caboose range. However, there is a price increase to cover the cost of these additions. Should this version sell well, then sister caboose 556 may follow….

Pricing of this latest caboose is £90 in MDF which is a £15 increase on the previous caboose price. We will be rolling this new price out across all the existing SR&RL cabooses in due course due to the increased production costs now involved. We do however feel this is worth it due to the higher specification now being offered. For those who prefer, Plywood is also available and is our standard extra £15 per kit. At the start of our 5th year of continued and ever growing operation, these kits will be available as of Peterborough and will be available for collection at Peterborough if you order in advance. If you want to take up this option, please either email us or message us on Facebook/Instagram by the 7th March 2020 to be able to do so! Our Standard Terms and Conditions apply which can be found on our website. With plenty more in the works, like our Facebook page and or follow our Instagram as you won’t want to miss what comes next!

Rebuilding the Railway!

angr607
Fireman
Fireman

Post by angr607 » Sun Feb 23, 2020 3:43 pm

Time for the third reveal for 2020 from Bowaters Models! Our Isle of Man Railway 1876 and 1881 Small Fs in 15mm scale!

Covering three different coach designs, all of them feature: an easy to build roof; a representative interior; design specific features and for the first time, our own design of bogies. As standard, they come in MDF with Accucraft Chopper couplings, 3D printed parts and bogies in 45mm gauge. For those who operate on 32mm gauge, this can easily be achieved by moving the wheels inwards on their axles.

All 3 passenger coaches are based on the real life coaches that operated on the Isle of Man Railway and all have real world prototypes. We’ve covered the 1876 Brown Marshall guards coaches (F.1 - F.6), the 1881 Ashbury guards coaches (F.7 - F.8) along with the 1881 Brown Marshall non guards coaches (F.9 - F.12). This allows a prototypical 1-4 coach plus train to be modelled with ease and they match the Accucraft Pairs Coaches with the correct height difference. Should these coaches sell well, then others may follow….

Please note, although not shown in photographs, F.7/F.8 does come with a brake cover for the guards compartment. However at the time of writing, we are currently waiting for its delivery.

Pricing of the Guards coaches is £110 in MDF and the Non-Guards coaches is £105 in MDF. Plywood is also available and is an extra £15 per kit. At the start of our 5th year of continued and ever growing operation, these kits will be available as of Peterborough and will be available for collection at Peterborough if you order in advance. If you want to take up this option, please either email us or message us on Facebook/Instagram by the 7th March 2020 to be able to do so! Our Standard Terms and Conditions apply which can be found on our website. With plenty more in the works, Like our Facebook page and/or follow our Instagram as you won’t want to miss what comes next!

Rebuilding the Railway!

angr607
Fireman
Fireman

Post by angr607 » Mon Feb 24, 2020 3:39 pm

So with our list of ideas always evolving and changing, we've got some very exciting projects coming up. From the highly anticipated Upnor Castle and Class 91 in 16mm scale to our redesigned and expanded 7/8ths offerings, it's safe to say we've got a 'few' things to do. The image might be or might not be a slight clue at something we're looking at to follow Upnor Castle especially considering the bottom end of both is very similar.......

However, we've got some gaps in our release plan for June this year onwards and that's where you come in! We are always looking for new projects and ideas. Is there anything you'd like to see done? It can be any larger scale (15mm, 16mm, Gauge one, 7/8ths or any scale above 1:32/10mm scale) and any prototype. We'd love to hear from you and find out your views! While we are rapidly becoming known for the 'larger stock' kits we produce (46ft long Sandy River and WHR coaches certainly aren't small in 16mm scale), we're ideally looking for something smaller although if we can fit it on our laser cutter, we'll give anything a go! Is there an engine you'd like to see, or a set of coaches you'd love to run with your engines? Now is the time to let us know! You never know, your suggestion could be out by the end of the year!

Naturally, we also take commission work for those rarer/more unusual projects that maybe only you'd like. We also accept modification work of our own existing products to produce something especially for you! Something we have already done with our brand new Sandy River Coaches at least three times now since they went public! If this is something that interests you, let us know!

Either way, let us know and we'll see what we can do! The more suggestions the better, no matter how weird and wonderful they may seem! As far as Jon's concerned, there is no idea or suggestion that's a bad idea/suggestion. However, there will be some people who want to know exactly what is on the way now we've fully moved over to Shopify. Well, join our new Facebook group and you'll always be able to find out! Jon is planning to make his 'active todo/actively being worked on' list available there. Also means you can give him feedback on what he's working on a lot faster!

Group Link - https://www.facebook.com/groups/bowatersmodels/

Real world prototype image by Max Brayne

Rebuilding the Railway!

angr607
Fireman
Fireman

Post by angr607 » Sat Feb 29, 2020 12:43 pm

Time for the fourth reveal for 2020 from Bowaters Models! Our latest Ffestiniog Railway Coaches in 16mm scale!

Covering three different car designs, all of them feature: a new design of chassis; 3D printed dome ends as standard; a suitably modifiable interior for those who want to take things to the next level, and a easy to build roof!

As standard, they come in MDF with Accucraft Chopper couplings, 3D printed parts and bogies in either 32mm or 45mm gauge. All 3 passenger cars are based on the real life coaches that operated on the Ffestiniog Railway and all have real world prototypes. We’ve covered Observation Coaches 101 (1970 - 1980s condition and post 1990s condition), 111 and Buffet coach 103 (1990s condition). These coaches allow for a range of different trains from the Ffestiniog’s post preservation history. We have plans for two last Ffestiniog Railway Coaches in the form of the original 'Barn' number 14 and 'Tin Car' number 120 after that we have no further plans for more FR/WHR coaches. For now anyway......

Pricing of the Coach 103 is £75 in MDF, Coach 101 is £85 in MDF and Coach 111 is £95 in MDF. Plywood is also available and is an extra £15 per kit. At the start of our 5th year of continued and ever growing operation, these kits will be available as of the 1st of March and will be available for collection at Peterborough. If you want to take up this option, please either email us or message us on Facebook/Instagram by the 7th March 2020 to be able to do so! With plenty more in the works, Like our Facebook page and or follow our Instagram as you won’t want to miss what comes next!

Now our new FR coaches are public knowledge, we're delighted to reveal our 2020 Catalogue and Price list! You might notice two projects on the price list that we haven't mentioned yet. Shall we say, all will be revealed nearer to or at Peterborough!!

Catalogue/Price List - https://shop.bowatersmodels.co.uk/pages/documentation

Rebuilding the Railway!