Page 1 of 1

Another stocking filler

Posted: Fri Dec 13, 2013 4:49 pm
by Vapouriser
LTC Rolt 's Railway Adventure is out again. Story of the Talyllyn. I could nt wait- bought my own! He writes in a way that puts you( me) in his footsteps as he walks the line but without the hard work. Great!

Posted: Fri Dec 13, 2013 9:31 pm
by Big Jim
I second that, a bloody good read (as are all of Tom Rolt's books, I can recommend the biog of Brunel and his ghost stories.)

Stoking filler

Posted: Sat Dec 14, 2013 6:20 pm
by Vapouriser
I d better get back on amazon !

Posted: Sat Dec 14, 2013 8:45 pm
by Big Jim
Ghost stories are called Sleep no more

Posted: Sun Dec 15, 2013 12:21 am
by Vapouriser
Ta Jim. I ll pop onto Toppings bookshop tmrw. They give you a pot of proper coffee so you can browse in peace! I m looking for'Discovering Britains First Railways - a guide to horse drawn tram roads and wagonsways too. Seen one and its story style as well as history. Surprising how much of how many remain.