Page 1 of 1

Ragleth reversing lever

Posted: Tue Jun 25, 2013 12:11 pm
by Vapouriser
Having bought some more up to date radio control I have started fitting it to my Ragleth. But- i need to remove the spring from the reversing lever , or at least loosen it as its too strong for the servo. I cant unscrew it. Looks like a rivet. Do I really have to saw it off?!

Ragleth reversing lever

Posted: Tue Jun 25, 2013 12:22 pm
by Vapouriser
Its a circlip. It just fell apart and dissappeared! But I can see the groove. Back to your tea chaps!

Ragleth reversing lever

Posted: Wed Jun 26, 2013 12:11 am
by Vapouriser
Found the bits. Nearly finished. Tried to use a chain drive to regulator as it needs such small opening to go full speed but no space. Is there , I wonder, a ready to fit regulator for Ragleth with a finer thread. I have a feeling its going to be a challenge as it is.

Posted: Wed Jun 26, 2013 9:49 am
by Gremlin
I thought that was a desirable sort of valve for radio control.
The roundhouse reg for rc is designed to open quickly because of the the short servo movement. It could just be a bit of practice, open to get it moving then throttle back.

Ragleth reversing

Posted: Wed Jun 26, 2013 3:28 pm
by Vapouriser
Ah. I hadnt thought of that. Havnt got it working yet!

Posted: Thu Jun 27, 2013 12:43 am
by Mattyrallye
I don't think you can put a finer thread regulator in on an accy loco as the turret is on thread and isn't detachable. Roundhouse have got round this by making the turret detachable with a thread so you can swap a manual regulator for a (as Dave has explained) much wider pitched thread to allow greater movement in a short throw.

I am glad your not putting radio on the reverser on this though. I don't agree with that method of radio control. It just wastes steam in my opinion.