Page 1 of 2
Check out this garden railway!!!
Posted: Wed Oct 31, 2007 11:19 pm
by mhlr
I went to a steam-up today at the Lizard LR. Brilliant railway and some nice locos too!!! Roundhouses and accucrafts, my stock looked positively crap against them!!! Here's a video/slideshow:
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=nrRkseWvX ... F8&index=3
(I hope the link works!!!)
Posted: Thu Nov 01, 2007 7:19 am
by ACLR
great video im so jealous

Posted: Thu Nov 01, 2007 4:33 pm
by steamyjim
Beutiful locos there!

Posted: Thu Nov 01, 2007 5:51 pm
by mhlr
They were nice!! I had a go on an Edrig and did the blow down etc!
It was great fun to run Coulumbine and my other locos on a 'proper' garden railway!!! I learnt loads for when I build mine, and I'm going to set the track into a Mortar mix.
Posted: Thu Nov 01, 2007 6:05 pm
by steamyjim
Im going to ask for an Edrig for crimbo next year

Posted: Thu Nov 01, 2007 6:37 pm
by mhlr
I'm hopeing for one this year. Either an Edrig, or a Bertie. But apparantly, Mille has a really large gas tank, so will run long. I just don't like the style...
Posted: Thu Nov 01, 2007 6:38 pm
by steamyjim
Im not to keen on the styling of Mille

Posted: Thu Nov 01, 2007 6:54 pm
by mhlr
For an open cab loco, Edrig is definately my favorite. Or IP Jane, I just want to move away from Mamod types to something more safistocated! Working blowdown etc. More to do!!!
Posted: Thu Nov 01, 2007 6:58 pm
by steamyjim
Reversing in cab etc

Posted: Thu Nov 01, 2007 7:40 pm
by mhlr
Yeah, this Edrig had r/c on the reverser and regulator!!! It was wonderful!
Posted: Thu Nov 01, 2007 8:48 pm
by steamyjim
I wouldnt have RC on it. Im not to keen on RC when the loco is easy to drive

Posted: Thu Nov 01, 2007 8:58 pm
by Chris
Great looking railway.

Posted: Thu Nov 01, 2007 9:20 pm
by mhlr
The LLR is! Shame he hasn't got a website though...
Posted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 2:35 pm
by SillyBilly
Cool Video! As far as I see it, why should I pay £400 for an slip-eccentric, externally fired loco, when I would have a loco with simulated Stephensons and internally fired for the same price?
Posted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 8:43 pm
by mhlr
Yes, Edrig has grown on me. My dad and I are selling a whole 10 boxes or more full of HO scale stuff that my dad had at our old house (any one iterested? all modern age trains etc, loads of engines and stock - in boxes!!!!!) so I'm splitting the profits with him and I'll be able to buy one!!!! Yay!!!
Posted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 9:49 pm
by SillyBilly
My dad's flogging off all his old 00 stuff also, but he's funding his new 00 train set with the money.
Posted: Sun Nov 04, 2007 6:13 pm
by steamyjim
What do you mean by old 00 gauge stuff? Old metal locos or the slightly newer ones?
Posted: Sun Nov 04, 2007 7:39 pm
by SillyBilly
Just tat, it all goes on eBay.
Posted: Sun Nov 04, 2007 9:15 pm
by steamyjim
Links, any GWR?
Posted: Sun Nov 04, 2007 9:40 pm
by SillyBilly
No, not got any on at the mo, and don't think so.