Got it back today

If you would like to share some of your garden railway photographs or photos of prototypes which might inspire members, then please post them in here
Post Reply
User avatar
-steves-
Administrator
Administrator
Posts: 2473
Joined: Thu Jul 28, 2011 1:50 pm
Location: Cambridge & Peterborough

Got it back today

Post by -steves- » Wed Apr 25, 2012 4:01 pm

I would just like to say thanks to Matt for lining out my Accucraft loco for me which I got back today. I am using the photos he sent to me as they look good sitting as his line, lol.

Great job and I am very pleased with the results, infact the photo's dont actually do it justice.

I tried to stay away from having another Leader, so instead this one has been named PREMIER, just like the one that was and is at the Sittingbourne and Kemsley railway. I hope you like it too. Oh, he also did the name plates and works plates, and although you cant see it, the top half of the cab is in cream too.

Just the RC install to finish off now :D

Image

Image

Image

User avatar
Keith S
Driver
Driver
Posts: 1668
Joined: Thu Feb 24, 2011 11:44 pm
Location: Canada

Post by Keith S » Sun Apr 29, 2012 7:41 am

That looks very good. How long does a job like that take?

User avatar
-steves-
Administrator
Administrator
Posts: 2473
Joined: Thu Jul 28, 2011 1:50 pm
Location: Cambridge & Peterborough

Post by -steves- » Sun Apr 29, 2012 8:02 am

Keith S:70315 wrote:That looks very good. How long does a job like that take?
Not sure as Accucraft replaced my cab after Matt noticed it had finger prints on the paint when he went to line it, so that delayed mine for a little while whle the new cab turned up and I also said there is no rush with it.

I think he said a couple of weeks initially, but no idea if that painting and drying time, or if that was because there no no rush on it and he had other work on.

Maybe one of the lining lads could jump in and puts some time frames to doing something like this? :D

LMS-Jools

Post by LMS-Jools » Sun Apr 29, 2012 5:12 pm

Very Nice indeed. :D

User avatar
dougrail
Driver
Driver
Posts: 1535
Joined: Mon Mar 14, 2011 5:11 pm
Location: Salopia; on the edge of Arcadia

Post by dougrail » Sun Apr 29, 2012 11:32 pm

Lovely job there! Owning a loco which has had Matt's keen attention on it [and due some more....] it makes quite a difference :)

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 35 guests