Page 1 of 1

The D&FGR - Reborn

Posted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 12:56 am
by DolwyddelanLightRail
Here's a couple of pics of Britomart and Snowdon back in the depths of Wales on the now preserved Dolwyddelan & Fron Goch Railway, re-opened at Easter! :D

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Posted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 12:43 pm
by MDLR
Where is it now, James?

Posted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 1:17 pm
by DolwyddelanLightRail
MDLR:70114 wrote:Where is it now, James?
As in the location? Were it always used to be, near Dolwyddelan in the Lledr Valley, but as in now now, then the track is currently packed away til I next go over to wales, but now that I have some proper SM32 track, the plan is to swap that for the finescale stuff that's in York! So I'll have two railways to play with :lol:

Posted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 1:33 pm
by MDLR
So the answer's York!

Posted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 1:42 pm
by sstjc
DolwyddelanLightRail:70119 wrote:
MDLR:70114 wrote:Where is it now, James?
now that I have some proper SM32 track, the plan is to swap that for the finescale stuff that's in York! :
Hang on have I missed something here. Does this comment suggest you run Britomart on ordinary O gauge track and is that what is in the pictures above. If so can IP, mamod, IP jane/Janet etc run on oridinary O track and do others do this.

It just seems to me that O Gauge track is cheaper than the SM32 I have been saving up for.

Posted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 2:28 pm
by dougrail
Cheers for the photos mate - good to see the Ledr Valey echo to the sound of steam [and erupting flames ;)] again

Posted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 6:07 pm
by DolwyddelanLightRail
sstjc:70123 wrote:
Hang on have I missed something here. Does this comment suggest you run Britomart on ordinary O gauge track and is that what is in the pictures above. If so can IP, mamod, IP jane/Janet etc run on oridinary O track and do others do this.

It just seems to me that O Gauge track is cheaper than the SM32 I have been saving up for.
I've been running my Mamods, Edrig, and Lady Anne on finescale track for ages! It runs fine on it (well, it does for me at least!) The only issue is when you first get the track, as the chairs will foul the flanges, to your loco will bounce along a bit but once they're worn down then it runs fine!