Page 1 of 1

Garden Rail editor?

Posted: Fri Apr 20, 2012 3:21 pm
by PeachBottom
I know Tag has stepped down (is stepping down?), but the website still lists Tag as editor...who is the new editor and how do I contact him? I'm finally getting over my fear and want to send in an article for possible publication!

Posted: Fri Apr 20, 2012 3:29 pm
by taliesin
Hi, the new Editor is Michael Watts, email michael.watts01@btinternet.com, however i think you can email Tag at his usual email address and Michael is linked into it, for the next couple of months or so. The latest issue, 213 is very good, i suspect Tag had quite a lot of input and is assisting Michael bed in. cheers Rob

Posted: Fri Apr 20, 2012 5:28 pm
by PeachBottom
Thanks! I had talked to Tag AGES ago about writing an article, so hopefully it will still be wanted! :D

Posted: Fri Apr 20, 2012 5:42 pm
by Matt
Michael Watts?

He's the guy who gave me a free mamod set about 6 years ago. Never met him face to face, he sent it via Tag.

Posted: Sat Apr 21, 2012 2:19 am
by Narrow Minded
All the info for submitting articles (where, how, format, photo's) etc are in the mag - along with Michael's editorial (and Tag's review section), and yes, this months is a great issue.

A word of warning though - don't do as I did and get "all nostalgic" over the recent change of editor and start looking through your pile of back issues - or if you do, DON'T look at the advertisements (especially the old prices!!) :roll:

Posted: Sat Apr 28, 2012 6:39 pm
by GardenRail
PeachBottom:69976 wrote:Thanks! I had talked to Tag AGES ago about writing an article, so hopefully it will still be wanted! :D
Certainly will.....

Posted: Sat Apr 28, 2012 10:15 pm
by PeachBottom
Thanks Tag! Just have to finish it up and I will send it along!

Posted: Sat May 19, 2012 3:04 pm
by PeachBottom
Does anyone know what the photo requirements are for submission? DPI, size, megapixels, etc?

Posted: Sat May 19, 2012 7:52 pm
by robbieg96
From the submission notes-

Picture size should be greater than 300kB and, ideally, bigger than 3000 x 2000pixels.

Hope that helps!

-Rob

Posted: Mon May 21, 2012 12:46 pm
by PeachBottom
Thanks. A friend wants to submit photos taken with his iphone and I said I didn't think they'd be of good enough quality....

Garden Rail

Posted: Mon May 21, 2012 4:53 pm
by Catweasel
Bit tongue in cheek really,and no disrespect to Tag for a superb mag., but my name for it was "Tag's Rag". Now what'll I call it?

Re: Garden Rail

Posted: Thu May 24, 2012 7:31 am
by GardenRail
Catweasel:71060 wrote:Bit tongue in cheek really,and no disrespect to Tag for a superb mag., but my name for it was "Tag's Rag". Now what'll I call it?
Indeed :-) The name does not easily fit does it. I have heard 'Tags rag' several times – also GortonRail... Not my baby any more however – although I am obviously still very much involved.... 300k I would have thought far too small for anything but a small and simple pic. I always suggest 1meg min and I think you will find there will be a change in the submission notes. Human nature you see. If it is 300k min then people will send in pics of 200k. A telephone camera can often supply quite large picture files and my original 2megapixel camera could do files of over one meg if set to best quality – so shouldn't be an issue. If writing an 'eye candy' type photographic article then I would always go for the highest quality and file size that one's camera can do...

Re: rail construction companies

Posted: Sat May 26, 2012 5:30 am
by pauly
tgsgroup:71222 wrote:Nice post in which we are learn a lot of career in the rail construction companies and the maintenance.Many of the people got there future in this field .This site maintained very smoothly and very fashionable .Thanks for sharing this   information with us .In which learn a lot of knowledgeable information .
nothing quite like broken English spam!

Posted: Sat May 26, 2012 10:36 am
by Dr. Bond of the DVLR
-sigh-we've been getting alot recently,... give me a minuit...