Page 1 of 2
Today the sun shone on the N.W.N.G.R
Posted: Thu Apr 12, 2012 8:32 pm
by INJIN
Had my N.W.N.G.R train out today after fitting "new" bogies. Amazingly the sun shone!

Posted: Thu Apr 12, 2012 9:48 pm
by Matt
Beautiful.
Posted: Thu Apr 12, 2012 9:49 pm
by Steven.T
Brilliant photos, I love the second one!
Posted: Thu Apr 12, 2012 11:49 pm
by taliesin001
Very nice. Its interesting that I can now make that exact train up in 1930's era! would make an interesting comparison
Posted: Fri Apr 13, 2012 10:09 am
by TommyDodd
Smart train, and the railway's pretty nifty too. I particularly like the planting at the trackside.
Posted: Fri Apr 13, 2012 10:21 am
by Sir Clothem Cap
I agree enev the plants are in the right livery
Posted: Fri Apr 13, 2012 10:36 am
by Red Rock
That's a lovely set of coaches and the loco (Russell?) is simply superb, who did the lining on it?
Posted: Fri Apr 13, 2012 12:05 pm
by INJIN
The lining out was done by Geoff Munday in the 1990's. The loco incidentally was built by Paul Millington from scratch & pre dates the Roudhouse version by a couple of years.
Taliesin, It would be interesting if you posted your 1930's version as a comparison.
Posted: Fri Apr 13, 2012 12:13 pm
by Red Rock
INJIN:69638 wrote:The lining out was done by Geoff Munday in the 1990's. The loco incidentally was built by Paul Millington from scratch & pre dates the Roudhouse version by a couple of years.
Taliesin, It would be interesting if you posted your 1930's version as a comparison.
Thanks for the information and photo. I bought a Roundhouse Russell back in December from TrackShack and I'm thinking about getting her lined. I definitely improves the appearance in my opinion. Food for thought, thanks again.

Posted: Fri Apr 13, 2012 5:17 pm
by INJIN
Diferent train, same place, another sunny day.............the second one this week!!

Posted: Fri Apr 13, 2012 9:24 pm
by Stewart Gethin
Love the VoR train, if i ever do get into these smaller scales, then I would like to own a train from the VoR, seeing how local it is to me. Shame they aren't produced by Roundhouse(?) anymore :'(.
Stew
Posted: Sat Apr 14, 2012 10:55 am
by MuzTrem
Red Rock:69641 wrote:Thanks for the information and photo. I bought a Roundhouse Russell back in December from TrackShack and I'm thinking about getting her lined. I definitely improves the appearance in my opinion.
If you don't want to go to the expense of a full lining job, you can improve the appearance significantly just by picking out the tank tops and other details in black. See what I did to my own "Russell":
http://www.freewebs.com/mvr/stock.htm
Posted: Sat Apr 14, 2012 11:00 am
by Red Rock
MuzTrem:69673 wrote:Red Rock:69641 wrote:Thanks for the information and photo. I bought a Roundhouse Russell back in December from TrackShack and I'm thinking about getting her lined. I definitely improves the appearance in my opinion.
If you don't want to go to the expense of a full lining job, you can improve the appearance significantly just by picking out the tank tops and other details in black. See what I did to my own "Russell":
http://www.freewebs.com/mvr/stock.htm
Thanks for the information, a definite improvement and something I could do myself perhaps....watch this space...!
Posted: Sat Apr 14, 2012 6:56 pm
by INJIN
No sun today, so here's one I took earlier............

Posted: Sat Apr 14, 2012 7:53 pm
by Endless, Nameless
Cracking selection of photos. The VoR train wins my affections though.
Posted: Sun Apr 15, 2012 9:00 am
by INJIN
Another of the VOR train.

Posted: Sun Apr 15, 2012 10:54 am
by Endless, Nameless
Lovely- thankyou

Posted: Sun Apr 15, 2012 9:18 pm
by INJIN
60's F.R. Train

Posted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 7:25 pm
by INJIN
More Ffestiniog...........

Posted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 8:30 pm
by MuzTrem
I love that model of
Prince 
And I'd love to see the full-size version in green again!