York 19th Feb

If you would like to share some of your garden railway photographs or photos of prototypes which might inspire members, then please post them in here
Post Reply
User avatar
williamfj
Trainee Driver
Trainee Driver
Posts: 605
Joined: Sat Nov 20, 2010 9:20 pm
Location: York

York 19th Feb

Post by williamfj » Mon Feb 20, 2012 9:19 am

The running day yesterday was quite busy, nice weather and half term I suppose. Offler River Ankh & Ivy were representing the RHBR, unfortunately I forgot my box of bits including lamps, chains, coupling pins, tools and it's a handy place for any bits that fall off my models! There were 2 Archangel Jacks, a Brick, Steve's George, a modified Reger Lumberjack, a 18inch Horwich works shunter, and lots more that I didn't photograph.  :roll:  My new camera won't fit in my rucksack so photos are from my phone. I've also driven steam for the first time, a 7 1/4 inch Lyn considering how accident prone I am on 16mm it's amazing nothing went wrong!
Ivy's now in the works again for a part repaint.
Image

A vintage Archangel Brick
Image

While I was in need of couplings I wasn't that desperate!
Image

The Horwich shunter with a few skips.
Image

One of 2 Archangel Jacks present.
Image

The modified Lumberjack.
Image

The Lyn I was driving, waiting to be loaded at the end of the day.
Image

User avatar
Steven.T
Fireman
Fireman
Posts: 410
Joined: Sun Mar 13, 2011 5:56 pm
Location: Stockton

Post by Steven.T » Mon Feb 20, 2012 4:37 pm

The Lyn was an absolute cracker, seemed to be steaming all day!


And yes the garden railway was very busy, must have been at least 15 locos on the rails at one point, with about 12 running! Chaos!

Good day none-the-less!

bessytractor
Trainee Driver
Trainee Driver
Posts: 677
Joined: Wed Nov 14, 2007 2:34 pm

Post by bessytractor » Mon Feb 20, 2012 8:19 pm

is that an old Winson Lyn?
proudly flying in the face of convention

User avatar
williamfj
Trainee Driver
Trainee Driver
Posts: 605
Joined: Sat Nov 20, 2010 9:20 pm
Location: York

Post by williamfj » Mon Feb 20, 2012 8:34 pm

I honestly don't know to be honest. But I do know that I'm glad I was driving on the (relatively) quiet 7 1/4 line if there were 12 16mm locos running though! :shock: Eee the tailbacks River Ankh would cause... :twisted:

MDLR

Post by MDLR » Mon Feb 20, 2012 8:43 pm

williamfj:66815 wrote:Eee the tailbacks River Ankh would cause...  :twisted:


(chuckle)

I've just revived a battery powered "blast from the past" for the Heritage section at Peterborough - pictures tomorrow!

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 15 guests