Page 1 of 1
Penhryn Quarry Railway
Posted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 9:12 pm
by williamfj
A modellers guide on the Penrhyn Quarry Railway will be coming to 16mm association members soon apparently, glad I recently joined!
http://www.16mm.org.uk/newsite/publications/PQR.html
Posted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 9:25 pm
by KVSRmanager
Purchased a membership online, not sure what happens next i take it i get a form to fill in ?
Posted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 10:15 pm
by williamfj
If you purchased it through paypal you shouldn't, I went through paypal and in 2/3 days I got a copy of the handbook, a letter welcoming me to the 16mm association, my card and a letter about 16mm modelling on the internet. I'll be obsessively checking the mailbox for the next X many days!

Penrhyn Quarry Railway
Posted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 10:48 pm
by Catweasel
Likewise. I recently re-instated my membership. My breath is bated.
Posted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 11:24 pm
by KVSRmanager
I did purchase it through paypal though not with account in my namethat could be a problem .....
Posted: Wed Feb 15, 2012 12:28 am
by Spule 4
After many years of sitting on "the fence", I finally joined.
Got a confirmation e-mail (with a password for the DVD for security reasons?) shortly after the PayPal payment.
Then a few days later a nice package arrived in my mailbox here in the USA including the modelling Handbook, a card, a letter, and a DVD.
The DVD has some great footage, I have not finished it yet, and the Handbook is really well done. There is a membership list (what the password is for) on the DVD as well.
If the rest of their materials are as well done as these, I see continuing membership. I cannot say that for a few other magazines/groups I have belonged to.
Posted: Wed Feb 15, 2012 7:43 am
by Sir haydn
Your SMT should arrive within 7 days with the DVD and about a week after the penrhyn mag with the bullentin should fall through your door.
Penrhyn Quarry
Posted: Wed Feb 15, 2012 9:33 am
by Catweasel
Thank you for info. I'll look out for it.
Posted: Thu Feb 16, 2012 3:59 am
by Spule 4
Sir haydn:66497 wrote:Your SMT should arrive within 7 days with the DVD and about a week after the penrhyn mag with the bullentin should fall through your door.
So has the Penrhyn issue started shipping already? I ask as we are always a bit behind with mail lag in The Colonies!
