Page 1 of 1

Scenes of the old LVLRly

Posted: Mon Feb 13, 2012 10:27 pm
by JMORG
The LVLRly is almost completely rebuilt, so I though I'd share some classic pictures of the good ol' days; when it was open to the public. :)

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Posted: Mon Feb 13, 2012 10:33 pm
by sstjc
I really do like the third picture down, pity about the orange safety neting in the background, but its a real railway picture with the train in the scenery. Very Nice !
Barry :D

Posted: Mon Feb 13, 2012 10:40 pm
by JMORG
wow!
Thanks! :) I will add pictures of the new line once it is open for use (it still needs adjustments to get the NGG16 round!)
I really do like the third picture down, pity about the orange safety neting in the background, but its a real railway picture with the train in the scenery. Very Nice !
Thanks! This was taken during the last open weekend in july 2011. The net was because of insurance incase the public burns themselves (we have alot of "enthusiastic" children that like to come, and we don't want them touching a £3000+ garratt at 75+ psi)!
Cheers! :)

Posted: Mon Feb 13, 2012 11:12 pm
by DolwyddelanLightRail
Now that is one hell of a railway! :D

Posted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 1:20 am
by Narrow Minded
Gowjuss! :D

Posted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 7:40 am
by Steven.T
Love the first picture of the green/blue garrat, looks very realistic, as do a lot of the photos! Well done!

Posted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 9:17 am
by JMORG
Thanks everyone for the comments! :)
I have a video of the last open weekend (2011), many of these pictures are from the event.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-IchY6is4nY
*SPOILERS*
Features double headers - including a "super-power" double header (I'll leave you to work out what engines are running that one)! ;)
Cheers! :)

Posted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 7:56 pm
by MuzTrem
It looks like it was a most attractive railway. May I ask why the rebuild?

Posted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 10:58 pm
by JMORG
It looks like it was a most attractive railway. May I ask why the rebuild?
The railway was designed to be suitable to the public, so it was a fairly small oval in the offset center of the garden, complete with village, fields ect.
However, the upkeep was continuous, and when a wead got into our "mind your own business" plant, it was unkillable.
So we've decided to run it along the outside of the garden with reduced scenery to minimalise maintainence.

Posted: Mon Feb 20, 2012 9:07 pm
by Narrow Minded
That's annoying - I'd heard that MYOB acted as a very good weed stopper! :cry:

Posted: Mon Feb 20, 2012 10:02 pm
by JMORG
The weed starting growing within the MYOB patches, and once that happened we had to remove the infected patch in order to stop it. But it didnt work! :(