Page 1 of 1

Lubricating oil

Posted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 8:26 pm
by MTA
What grade of oil do people use for lubricating the motion work and bearing surfaces?

Preferrably the sort you can get from Halfords to save the expense of going to a specialist oil holder.

Posted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 8:29 pm
by SillyBilly
I use steam oil everywhere, use to use 3-in-1 but was told steam oil's best.

Posted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 8:30 pm
by mhlr
I tend to use the stuff thats recomended for Mamods on motion. But you can use steam oil on the whole lot.

Posted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 8:34 pm
by ACLR
I use steam oil every where as well

Posted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 9:29 pm
by laalratty
I just use 3 in 1, works just as well on the motion as steam oil and is cheaper as well

Posted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 9:32 pm
by Matt
Where can you get the oil needed from?