Page 1 of 8

It's Sunday evening again, so it's time for.....

Posted: Sun Jan 15, 2012 7:09 pm
by DolwyddelanLightRail
.....the Butterley Report! :D

My trip there was of a slightly different nature, as instead of catching up on sleep on the 158 there, I ended up hanging out of this.....

Image

....due to the normal train running just in front of the HST to London, when it was running late I just couldn't resist!

Image

anyhow, over at Butterley today, Britomart begun to have flashbacks to this time last year with the ice....

Image

.....and Snowdon was in steam first for once, as I managed to forget the burner for Britomart in York :roll:

Image

and the low winter sun highlighted the steam plumes well!

Image

Image

Image

Image

Narrow Minded brought Lady of Sherwood along for a good blitz at the meths!

Image

Image

Sir Haydn brought out his Sir Haydn

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Also around was this lovely ELR engineering coal fired Billy, which sadly didn't like having a fire in it today!

Image

Dolgoch also made an appearance today!

Image

and a fire was eventually lit in Britomart, seen here trundling around with rather low pressure due to the lack of heat from Narrow Minded's Meths Burner

Image

and the MDLR made himself known by asking if a Fire Extinguisher was needed while Britomart was running around....

Image

who himself had brought Lady Sybil and Sir Dominic

Image

and that's it from me today, and over to whoever else got any photo's today! :D

Posted: Sun Jan 15, 2012 8:25 pm
by laalratty
Nice pics James, looks like a good day for running trains, I should have bullied some hapless NWAG member into having one :lol:

Posted: Sun Jan 15, 2012 8:48 pm
by MDLR
It's actually Sir Samuel, but I'm not arguing.............

Posted: Sun Jan 15, 2012 8:54 pm
by DolwyddelanLightRail
:oops: Sorry!

Posted: Sun Jan 15, 2012 8:57 pm
by MuzTrem
I particularly like the pics of Sir Haydn :) In fact, I felt this one was so good that it really deserved a proper background. This is only a very quick job, and not very good since I just couldn't find a suitable landscape with matching lighting conditions in my own collection. Nevertheless, I hope it gives an idea of what could be achieved:
Image
(Incidentally, that's a genuine TR background - those trees are on the Nant Gwernol extension, though I have "mirrored" them in Paintshop.)

Posted: Sun Jan 15, 2012 9:54 pm
by Narrow Minded
Nice ones James :D ...........
Here's some moving pictures ;)

<object width="640" height="480"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/i6nLBuI7cYo?ve ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/i6nLBuI7cYo?ve ... n_GB&rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="640" height="480" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

Posted: Sun Jan 15, 2012 11:18 pm
by MDLR
Liked the video - LOVED the music!

Posted: Mon Jan 16, 2012 12:13 am
by Pendo Pilot
Nice video Greg. For some reason I feel inclined to lure a 3 masted schooner onto the rocks & plunder it's cargo of whisky. Then sit in a small stone cottage drinking said whisky before fighting someone who has dissed my dog. Oh the power of music. LOL :D

Posted: Mon Jan 16, 2012 12:24 am
by Narrow Minded
I feel inclined to lure a 3 masted schooner onto the rocks & plunder it's cargo of whisky. Then sit in a small stone cottage drinking said whisky before fighting someone who has dissed my dog.
By a strange quirk of coincidence - that's exactly the mood I was in while searching for 5min 14secs worth of soundtrack to cover the assorted extraneous noises and slanderous comments recorded during the filming ;)

See you wednesday?

Posted: Mon Jan 16, 2012 12:28 am
by Pendo Pilot
Don't know yet, this week is very fluid with builders in & MOT stuff. Hence I have not managed a reply to your PM.. You could always bring some stuff down for a winter season steam up..

Posted: Mon Jan 16, 2012 12:35 am
by Narrow Minded
Tempting ~ I'll await a resonse from the mission co-pilot :D

Posted: Mon Jan 16, 2012 12:42 am
by Pendo Pilot
Well if you don't it will be railbus only action on the line.. :twisted:

Posted: Mon Jan 16, 2012 12:49 am
by Narrow Minded
Pendo Pilot:64850 wrote:Well if you don't it will be railbus only action on the line..  :twisted:
That's just blackmail ;) (can I say blackmail??)

I know we've bungled Jame's thread, but to get slightly back on topic - there's going to be a fairly high turnout of Forumites descending on Butterley this coming sunday (22nd Jan)....... any more potential visitors????? :hiding:

Posted: Mon Jan 16, 2012 12:57 am
by Pendo Pilot
Hmmmm butterley & a chance to wave my GWR flag. May be on for that, Will consult wife & get my instructions for that week..

Posted: Mon Jan 16, 2012 7:12 am
by invicta280
Thankyou Narrow Minded. Your soundtrack reminded me to phone up
for tickets to see Bellowhead at Canterbury next month. With one thing and another i'd completely forgotten :D

Posted: Mon Jan 16, 2012 2:42 pm
by TommyDodd
Narrow Minded:64852 wrote:I know we've bungled Jame's thread, but to get slightly back on topic - there's going to be a fairly high turnout of Forumites descending on Butterley this coming sunday (22nd Jan)....... any more potential visitors????? :hiding:
Hmmm. Long weekend off (though WRD M&T) so maybe, if I can persuade PeachBottom... Will have to crawl into the workshop and see what can be coaxed into life.

Posted: Mon Jan 16, 2012 2:58 pm
by MDLR
I'll summon up the energy to turn out.......... but then I AM probably the nearest Forum member (in a straight line..............

Posted: Mon Jan 16, 2012 3:06 pm
by Sir haydn
MDLR:64868 wrote:I'll summon up the energy to turn out.......... but then I AM probably the nearest Forum member (in a straight line..............
I think Tony beats you. He can fall out of bed and be there

Posted: Mon Jan 16, 2012 4:13 pm
by hussra
Narrow Minded:64852 wrote:I know we've bungled Jame's thread, but to get slightly back on topic - there's going to be a fairly high turnout of Forumites descending on Butterley this coming sunday (22nd Jan)....... any more potential visitors????? :hiding:
Would love to, but Sundays are pretty tricky for us. (I'm speaking twice this Sunday.) Is there ever a forum turnout at Butterley on Saturdays?

Posted: Tue Jan 17, 2012 6:17 am
by maxnod
Sir haydn:64869 wrote:
MDLR:64868 wrote:I'll summon up the energy to turn out.......... but then I AM probably the nearest Forum member (in a straight line..............
I think Tony beats you. He can fall out of bed and be there

I could only be closer if I lived in the club-house! :smilebox: