Page 1 of 1

and to another steamup.....

Posted: Sun Jan 08, 2012 7:55 pm
by DolwyddelanLightRail
....at Butterley today! I again took the humble Britomart and Snowdon as a backup loco, but was only used today to slow down the use of meths, as in two days, Britomart has gone through 2 bottles of the stuff with an overall running time of 6 hours :shock: but anyway, here are the pics from today

Image

Britomart and Snowdon being preped for the day

Image

Britomart quickly raising pressure once again after having a water top up

Image

Narrow Minded was also in attendance! With Blodwen and Ogwen

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

and to finish off the day, some fun was had with Britomart and Ogwen double heading on the upper loop, to help with running Ogwen in!

Image

Image

Image

Cheers for the lifts once again Greg! and sorry for the disappointment of Britomart running without any fires! :lol: However, running it on the top line at speed did sort of make up for it with the fire display there! :shock: :D

Posted: Sun Jan 08, 2012 8:08 pm
by Pretoria
:roll: Did you really mean running "Ogwen" in -- or wearing it out ?

Seems to have been a contender for HS2 judging from the blurr of motion(s) !

:wave:

Posted: Sun Jan 08, 2012 8:15 pm
by DolwyddelanLightRail
Probably a bit of both :lol: and the trains were actually running that fast! (apart from the mamods near the end!) the lighting conditions weren't the best, so I did some scoping instead!

Re: and to another steamup.....

Posted: Sun Jan 08, 2012 8:32 pm
by Pretoria
:roll:
DolwyddelanLightRail:64530 wrote:....sorry for the disappointment of Britomart running without any fires! :lol: However, running it on the top line at speed did sort of make up for it with the fire display there! :shock:  :D
Oh dear ! Do I sense another story here ? :?

:wave:

[Note to self: MUST stop ribbing James about Britomart. On the other hand ............................. What fun !]

Re: and to another steamup.....

Posted: Sun Jan 08, 2012 8:59 pm
by Narrow Minded
Pretoria:64536 wrote::roll:
DolwyddelanLightRail:64530 wrote:....sorry for the disappointment of Britomart running without any fires! :lol: However, running it on the top line at speed did sort of make up for it with the fire display there! :shock:  :D
Oh dear !   Do I sense another story here ?   :?
Funny you should ask! ;)

Now, where does the story begin..............................
We already know that Britomart ran and ran and ran and ran
On a day not brilliant for photography, but great for steam effects!

Image

While Snowdon was relegated to the sidings for most of the afternoon

Image

and Blodwen performed impecably on the dual-gauge loop

Image

What you haven't been told, is that Sir Haydn was in attendance with a certain "Lady"

Image

and J.B.Earle looking stunning as ever and whose prototypical train just keeps growing!

Image

Meanwhile Siobhan is seen at rest after some SPECTACULAR steam displays from her "pop" valve earlier!

Image

You also weren't informed that Mr. Meths & Merddin turned up as a nice surprise!

Image

or that this Baldwin was running like a proverbial Swiss Watch

Image

But I suppose you really want to know about "the fire" :lol:
Well, at this location not long after this photo

Image

I was re-gassing Ogwen while Britomart was also being "fettled". The smell of hot steam oil & burning meths...... Mmmmmh! :D
The smell of burnt eyebrows when the "pool" of gas under Ogwen ignited...... Not so Mmmmh! :roll:

Posted: Sun Jan 08, 2012 9:07 pm
by dougrail
I'l have to come along to the next steamup gents, if you're amenable to that idea. Now I have some coaches and at least two working engines...

Posted: Sun Jan 08, 2012 9:10 pm
by 90733
Crickey you've had a busy weekend!
Great pics, Still have to get there one day! :lol:

Posted: Sun Jan 08, 2012 9:19 pm
by Pretoria
:? If I dare to ever come to an event, I will have to wear my Britomart protection suit:

http://www.google.co.uk/search?tbm=isch ... l0.3.6l9l0

:wave:

Posted: Sun Jan 08, 2012 9:26 pm
by Narrow Minded
There is NO protection from "The Britomart Effect".

Stand TOO close for TOO long and you WILL spontaneously combust! :roll:

Posted: Sun Jan 08, 2012 9:30 pm
by 90733
Narrow Minded:64542 wrote:There is NO protection from "The Britomart Effect".

Stand TOO close for TOO long and you WILL spontaneously combust!  :roll:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Re: and to another steamup.....

Posted: Sun Jan 08, 2012 9:42 pm
by DolwyddelanLightRail
Narrow Minded:64538 wrote: We already know that Britomart ran and ran and ran and ran

Ah yes!





Until I ran out of meths :lol: Next time I must bring two bottles with me! and I'm also surprised I've only been burnt once by Britomart as well! :lol:

Posted: Sun Jan 08, 2012 10:11 pm
by Steven.T
You could do with some sort of disclaimer for Britomart...

"Those with wooden rolling stock or oversize eyebrows stay back a fair few feet. Those without, you are still not safe!"

Posted: Mon Jan 09, 2012 3:40 pm
by SillyBilly
Mmmm, Merddin, best engine in the operable fleet.

Posted: Mon Jan 09, 2012 5:16 pm
by Pretoria
SillyBilly:64552 wrote:Mmmm, Merddin, best engine in the operable fleet.
:thumbright:

Posted: Mon Jan 09, 2012 6:00 pm
by SapperAnt
I'll have to bring "Jane" along to stretch her legs some!

Posted: Mon Jan 09, 2012 7:46 pm
by Sir Clothem Cap
Can we get the mods to drmote James to Fireman again in hounor of britomart.

I do like blodwyn, she is almost as good as my blodwyn (mamod with snowplough)

Posted: Mon Jan 09, 2012 9:02 pm
by Pretoria
:?
Sir Clothem Cap:64562 wrote:Can we get the mods to drmote  James to Fireman again in hounor of britomart.
Surely the point is that he's a fireman already -- all too literally !

:roll: