Page 1 of 1

Yorkshire Groups New Year Steamup!

Posted: Sat Jan 07, 2012 8:00 pm
by DolwyddelanLightRail
Well, today I managed to venture out with Britomart with some rolling stock to the New Year's steamup, and I have to say, the loco never performed so well! and I think it ended up being in steam the longest, while amazing quite a few people on how well it was running and were asking quite a few questions! :shock: :D When I ran out of time on the main running lines, I put it on the junior railway (sorry, can't remember the names of them now :roll: ) and it didn't like the sharp curves, so out of boredom I brought Snowdon out (which was a backup loco, which for once, wasn't needed!) anyhow, here are the couple of pics I got

Image

Britomart being prepped ready for it's first run

Image

a rather bizzare garret type loco!

Image

There were also 2 Penrhyn Hunslets in operation as well, this one especially caught my eye....

Image

Corrie the Carrie?

Image

Britomart running very well behaved!

Image

and then the sun came through for a bit

Image

and illuminated the oil bottle very well :lol:

Image

Image

Image

:love10:

Image

Image

Britomart then had a flashback to it's early days!

Image

a rather impressive line up around the turntable, I would have put Britomart on the turntable pride of place, but knowing me it would have set fire to it :roll:

Image

Image

and then Snowdon was brought out briefly, in one chaotic running session with 6 trains! :lol:

Posted: Sat Jan 07, 2012 8:10 pm
by Steven.T
No photos of the fireball?

Posted: Sat Jan 07, 2012 8:17 pm
by 90733
great pics, better than mine! Great to meet you today James, was rather impresed with Britomart myself, and supirsed it wasn't on fire as much as every makes out! Better get my video sorted out!

Posted: Sat Jan 07, 2012 8:27 pm
by Pretoria
:hello2:
90733:64486 wrote:great pics, better than mine! Great to meet you today James, was rather impresed with Britomart myself, and supirsed it wasn't on fire as much as every makes out! Better get my video sorted out!
Hope it includes a shot of the flashback ! :roll:

Re: Yorkshire Groups New Year Steamup!

Posted: Sat Jan 07, 2012 8:43 pm
by MuzTrem
DolwyddelanLightRail:64483 wrote:a rather bizzare garret type loco!
I think you'll find its called a Meyer 8) Very interesting little engine!

Posted: Sat Jan 07, 2012 11:24 pm
by dougrail
Nice pics there James, good to see Britomart going so well. :) Told you them wheels would make a difference...!

Cab back, someday? ;)

Posted: Sun Jan 08, 2012 12:08 am
by Keith S
I was, like Doug, about to ask why you've removed the cab back on your engine. I think it looked better with one, but that's only my opinion.

I think that "Lesley" engine would look very nice sitting on the table at my house.

Posted: Sun Jan 08, 2012 10:18 am
by DolwyddelanLightRail
Twas good to meet you as well Jack! and I think the reason it wasn't on fire so much is that I've recently been altering the wicks recently, and since then it hasn't caught fire as much, but instead it gobbles the meths like no tomorrow :roll: It went through almost a whole bottle today

Doug and Keith, RE the cabsheet, it is now in York, but it's still in the old paintwork and also needs a lot of work doing to it as the new regulator sticks out further than the old one, so I can't actually operate it with it in place now! I ideally need a dremel, but like everything else, I don't have the time nor money :? :(

Posted: Tue Jan 17, 2012 7:29 pm
by TTHLRMatt
Hi James, its me Matt the owner of Percy the mamod and Tarn Madoc. Nice pics. Percy is getting a tender I think. Mind if I use the pic of Percy and Britomart for my movie

Posted: Tue Jan 17, 2012 8:17 pm
by DolwyddelanLightRail
Hi Matt! Welcome to the forum! :D and feel free to copy any photos you want!

Posted: Wed Jan 18, 2012 10:46 pm
by TTHLRMatt
Thanks James. How do you get that bottom pic and signature like Zach Bond by the way. You may want to know that after seeing Britomart, Percy (soon to be renamed) is getting a tender cab, in cab regulator and loads of cosmetics, hope we can double head at the 40th. :D

Posted: Sat Jan 21, 2012 10:16 am
by 90733

Posted: Sat Jan 21, 2012 11:19 am
by dougrail
TTHLRMatt:65050 wrote:Thanks James. How do you get that bottom pic and signature like Zach Bond by the way. You may want to know that after seeing Britomart, Percy (soon to be renamed) is getting a tender cab, in cab regulator and loads of cosmetics, hope we can double head at the 40th. :D
A tender cab...? Hmm. My Swordbreaker has one :lol: