Motion and Essell Engineering

Do you have a problem? Here is the place to appeal for help
Post Reply
KVSRmanager

Motion and Essell Engineering

Post by KVSRmanager » Thu Jan 05, 2012 6:40 pm

I have been meaning to add some motion to my Quarry Hunslet (built on and IP deluxe chassis) for some time, does anybody know how to do it simply (and relatively cheaply) I'm not looking for a true model of a hunslets cylinders and motion just a way of making a simple cylinder and slider that can be operated from the cranks to stop me having to claim that she is "inside cylinder"!

Also I'm planning a little project using Essell engineering power bogie like this one:

http://www.mattharvey.com/esselengineer ... &Itemid=61

Has anyone got one of these? If you have can i have your opinion on it also self starting voltages etc. would be helpful as 12- 24 volts seems quite high to me

Thanks,

Josh

Narrow Minded

Post by Narrow Minded » Thu Jan 05, 2012 6:45 pm

Here's how they produced the motion on the Moreton Pit Light Railway :-

http://www.mplr.co.uk/how-we-did-it/fuel-tanker/

and if you haven't visited this excellent site before, be sure to have a good look around! :D

KVSRmanager

Post by KVSRmanager » Thu Jan 05, 2012 6:51 pm

that's the kinda thing I'm looking for but has anyone got more of a step by step guide as I'm still not sure.

It's a great site though ! :D

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 32 guests