Page 1 of 1

New steam dome

Posted: Thu Dec 29, 2011 4:58 pm
by DLRdan
Those who have seen the blue Mamod I made will notice the slightly odd steam dome it has, which was made quickly using an old pipe fitting. To day I made a start on the propper one.

The old
Image

And the new
Image

Posted: Tue Jan 03, 2012 11:05 pm
by Chris Bird
That looks very nice Dan - I look forward to seeing the next stage as I have never been brave enough to tackle the flared part!
Cheers
Chris

Posted: Wed Jan 04, 2012 10:12 am
by -steves-
Nice, how do you get the curves in it?? :shock:

Posted: Fri Jan 06, 2012 12:18 am
by DLRdan
Finished this on saturday but wanted to give it a polish first. I did the curves by turning a squared off version then rounded the curves using a file.

Image

Image

Posted: Fri Jan 06, 2012 8:20 am
by -steves-
WOW, thats done with a file, super impresive :thumbright: :thumbright: :thumbright:

Posted: Fri Jan 06, 2012 9:37 am
by Gremlin
Nice neat job, looks great