Andel enters the "Property Market"

Announcements on new models and reviews should be posted here
Narrow Minded
Driver
Driver

Andel enters the "Property Market"

Post by Narrow Minded » Tue Oct 04, 2011 10:50 pm

This looks rather tasty.........................

http://andelmodels.co.uk/product_info.p ... cts_id=157

MDLR
Driver
Driver

Post by MDLR » Wed Oct 05, 2011 12:06 pm

Nice looking building!

One tip - if you're going to install lighting (like how I'm going to show you at Peterborough) make sure you paint ALL the inside - some resins are translucent and the first resin building I lit and didn't paint inside looked "interesting" when I first put it out! A spray of white car primer will do very nicely.
Brian L Dominic
Managing Director
Flagg Fluorspar Co
www.mdlr.co.uk/ff.html

-steves-
Administrator
Administrator

Post by -steves- » Wed Oct 05, 2011 12:14 pm

MDLR:59628 wrote:Nice looking building!

One tip - if you're going to install lighting (like how I'm going to show you at Peterborough) make sure you paint ALL the inside - some resins are translucent and the first resin building I lit and didn't paint inside looked "interesting" when I first put it out! A spray of white car primer will do very nicely.
Peterborough, what on earth would you wan to to come here for? Anything interesting?

As for the building, it looks fantastic in the picture, but my painting never seems to resemble anything like what the pictures ever do, lol :lol:

Narrow Minded
Driver
Driver

Post by Narrow Minded » Wed Oct 05, 2011 12:35 pm

Peterborough, what on earth would you wan to to come here for? Anything interesting?
Welcome to planet Earth :lol:

You must have landed from another planet to not know it's the new venue for the 16mm Narrow Gauge Modellers annual meeting and show :shock:
(especially after all the fuss there's been on here about the change of venue - newbies really ought to read previous threads, you're missing LOADS ;) )

MDLR
Driver
Driver

Post by MDLR » Wed Oct 05, 2011 12:40 pm

-steves-:59629 wrote:Peterborough, what on earth would you want to to come here for? Anything interesting?
16mm AGM at Exec - 31st March next year............ Not to be missed under ANY circumstances!!
-steves-:59629 wrote:As for the building, it looks fantastic in the picture, but my painting never seems to resemble anything like what the pictures ever do.
Don't worry too much - it's actually quite easy.......... After priming, paint the stonework with cream-coloured masonry paint (you can get sample pots from your local DIY shed) which will give you the mortar courses. Then, gently brush the face of the stonework with a nearly-dry brush of your preferred stone colour "until it looks right" - add it slowly until you've got a handle on how much you need. A bit of variation's fine, as is making the odd stone darker or lighter. Remember if it looks OK from 6 feet away, that's fine!
Brian L Dominic
Managing Director
Flagg Fluorspar Co
www.mdlr.co.uk/ff.html

MTA

Post by MTA » Sat Jan 21, 2012 10:53 am

Andy has increased his portfolio by adding another property:

http://andelmodels.co.uk/product_info.p ... eaau381402