Interesting RC conversions

Discussion of Live Steam locomotives should be located here
Mr ACME
Trainee Fireman
Trainee Fireman

Interesting RC conversions

Post by Mr ACME » Mon Sep 19, 2011 1:00 am

Hello All

Just finished a pair of interesting RC conversions for a Customer. You may find the information useful in your own work.

Firstly a PPS vertical boiler engine. To this I have added RC on the reversing valve only. The pipework for the manual regulator was rather ill restrained and to have fitted RC to the actual regulator would have been overkill.

Secondly a Merlin oscillator which originally had a very coarse control on forward/reverse only, rather like a Mamod. To this I've added RC on both direction and speed.This has entailed extensive work in new piping and relocating the lubricator.

Imagetensive work in relocating the lubricator
Best

Mike Ousby

Mr ACME
email: sales@acmesteam.co.uk
www.acmesteam.co.uk

The original Accucraft service person, working closely with them since 2001.

mhlr
Retired Director
Retired Director

Post by mhlr » Mon Sep 19, 2011 1:21 am

Very interesting! Could do with some sort of coal bunker/load over the top of the gubbins on the DeWinton thing!

Mr ACME
Trainee Fireman
Trainee Fireman

Post by Mr ACME » Tue Sep 20, 2011 12:05 am

mhlr:58921 wrote:Very interesting! Could do with some sort of coal bunker/load over the top of the gubbins on the DeWinton thing!

Already been decided. That's being fashioned by the owner. Obviously there's no point in him paying me to make something which he will enjoy doing himself for no cost, except materials.

BTW I don't know if you know but using exclamation marks can be construed as bad netiquette. http://dan.hersam.com/opinions/exclamation.html
Best

Mike Ousby

Mr ACME
email: sales@acmesteam.co.uk
www.acmesteam.co.uk

The original Accucraft service person, working closely with them since 2001.