Page 1 of 1

laalratty visits the Llechfan

Posted: Sun Jul 31, 2011 7:44 pm
by laalratty
As I mentioned in my holiday topic, an attempt to ride on the Talyllyn railway went wrong because I found the Llechfan garden railway in operation, with quite a few people I knew running trains. So despite me not having a loco with me, I stuck around for the rest of the afternoon whilst dad rode on the railway. Here are some of the pics I took.
Image
The sign says it all, as the Llechfan is slowly gaining many of the buildings from Compton Down. I was lucky enough to meet Kes as well
Image
Compton Down steelworks (I think) ready for relocation onto the layout
Image
16mm pump trolly
Image
Darjeeling train on the upper circuit, nicely backlit
Image
I was suprised to find none other then Dolwyddellan light rail there with Snowdon, looking a little bit grubbier then it did when it visited the ANLR!
Image
Darj train on the truly spectacular ledge section
Image
Snowdon on the bottom, and double headed england engines on the top.
Image
Double headed englands on a slate train :D
Image
Pair of Lightlined Taliesin's, one belonging to Iron Man, the other to Geoff Munday
Image
Then things started to get serious, with a triple header
Image
More Ffestiniog on shed
Image
Roundhouse Linda and Snowdon double heading a collosal train, that included anything you could imagine, carriages, wagons and a dead mamod as well :lol:
Image
Linda and Snowdon descend to the lower loop
Thanks to all who were at the Llechfan for a fantastic afternoon, I'll certainly be back and with a loco this time :roll:

Posted: Sun Jul 31, 2011 11:07 pm
by SLRmidge
Some fantastic pics there Laalratty. :D

Posted: Mon Aug 01, 2011 12:40 am
by Pendo Pilot
Awesome photo's fella. Love it. If you had run an engine you would of missed all those moments.. Actually the pump trolley thing looks interesting to me. Looks to be made from a tomy big hauler chassis. I got one the other day for 10p, seems more apt for 45mm though due to wheel spacing. But that one is 32mm, hmm more planning.



***Ohh just noticed W&L cattle van...FROTH! :roll: ;) ***

Posted: Mon Aug 01, 2011 2:47 am
by dougrail
That's the fun of Llechfan for you chaps!

Damn, perhaps I should have gone a-volunteering this weekend! :P

I'm thinking sometime in August, regardless of loco or not - as I have mended Highlander, I would have something respectable to run - play with. :P

Posted: Mon Aug 01, 2011 11:06 am
by hussra
Lovely photos! Glad you enjoyed the visit.

For my sins, I run the Llechfan Garden Railway web site. (Kes Jones also has a login.) Could we beg/borrow/steal some or all of these photos to use on the web site?

Posted: Mon Aug 01, 2011 11:19 am
by LMS-Jools
excellent :D

Posted: Mon Aug 01, 2011 6:14 pm
by Pretoria
:crybaby:

But ..... but ..... but the best railway wasn't there !

Excellent photos though.

:sad11:

Posted: Mon Aug 01, 2011 8:48 pm
by laalratty
hussra:56984 wrote: For my sins, I run the Llechfan Garden Railway web site. (Kes Jones also has a login.) Could we beg/borrow/steal some or all of these photos to use on the web site?
Sure, take your pick of them!
And Pretoria, I do have some pics of Wharf station on my holiday topic in the off topic section. The line we really lost out on was the Corris, which we were intending on visiting but ran out of time

Posted: Mon Aug 01, 2011 9:15 pm
by Pretoria
laalratty:57011 wrote:And Pretoria, I do have some pics of Wharf station on my holiday topic in the off topic section. The line we really lost out on was the Corris, which we were intending on visiting but ran out of time
:cry:

Saw those, thank-you, but I was talking about at Llechfan

:crybaby:

Posted: Mon Aug 01, 2011 10:09 pm
by hussra
laalratty:57011 wrote:
hussra:56984 wrote: For my sins, I run the Llechfan Garden Railway web site. (Kes Jones also has a login.) Could we beg/borrow/steal some or all of these photos to use on the web site?
Sure, take your pick of them!
Thank you - I have!

Richard

Re: laalratty visits the Llechfan

Posted: Tue Aug 02, 2011 11:42 am
by DolwyddelanLightRail
laalratty:56973 wrote: I was suprised to find none other then Dolwyddellan light rail there with Snowdon, looking a little bit grubbier then it did when it visited the ANLR!
And also with a dome!

Excellent pics laal! Will have to upload mine when I get some time! :D

Posted: Tue Aug 02, 2011 9:57 pm
by taliesin001
Excellent pictures, and lots of ffestiniog action too :D