Page 1 of 1
Lady Madcaps first run
Posted: Wed Jun 01, 2011 8:16 pm
by Bucket
Having lurked for some time, marvelling at the standard of work, and wit, on display, this is my first posting here - hope it all works!
After a five and a half year wait, collected my Lady Madcap from that nice Mr Sant at Stoneleigh - this was the start of her first run, last Sunday, on Peter and Bruce Dawes West Cornwall Light Railway. She ran like a dream, possibly because she felt at home as the weather was suitably Dinorwic like!
A'ra best,
Iain
Posted: Wed Jun 01, 2011 8:28 pm
by DolwyddelanLightRail
Welcome! and a very nice loco!

(I do have a liking for little quarry hunslets!

)
Posted: Wed Jun 01, 2011 8:29 pm
by Narrow Minded
Lovely!
and welcome aboard! Is this your first loco? A bit special if it is!

Posted: Wed Jun 01, 2011 9:16 pm
by Bucket
Thank you.
Its my first manual loco, but I do also have a Roundhouse Russell (as pictured in made-in-england's video of the Whitchurch and Litchfield Light railway), and a Linda. Oh, and a Well Chuffed Archie - but thats another story!
I do have a soft spot for Hunslets.
Iain
Posted: Wed Jun 01, 2011 10:35 pm
by taliesin001
Bucket:54403 wrote:
I do have a soft spot for Hunslets.
Iain
as do I, a very nice loco

Posted: Wed Jun 01, 2011 11:46 pm
by mhlr
Fantastic, lovely locos those. Intregued with the name of the railway... sounds like it should be down here, but your location states you're in Berkshire!
Posted: Thu Jun 02, 2011 2:56 pm
by ianfolland
Iain,
Looks very nice indeed.
Is deepest, darkest Berks, near deepest, darkest, north Hants?
Ian
Posted: Thu Jun 02, 2011 4:25 pm
by Hancockshire
I love that little engine. I want one. Does anyone think there might be a demand for model quarry hunslets? I think there could be
Posted: Thu Jun 02, 2011 4:27 pm
by taliesin001
I think there is! Which might explain the waiting time for one of these
Posted: Thu Jun 02, 2011 5:44 pm
by Pendo Pilot
Very nice indeed, another classic loco design that I wish I owned as well.
Posted: Thu Jun 02, 2011 5:46 pm
by Bucket
mhlr - Yup, it confuses me, and I live near it. I should perhaps have put (Reading) afterwards.
Ian - About a hundred Yards from the North Hampshire border.
I believe that Tony Sant only built about 7 locos between Stoneleigh 2010 and Stoneleigh 2011, all Port Class. Certainly when I collected mine there was someone ahead of me asking what position he was this year on the "Dolgoch" list, to be told "the same position that you were last year".
Posted: Thu Jun 02, 2011 6:12 pm
by Sir haydn
Tony is building bomb disposal equipment for the MoD at the moment as well as window frames for the new tube trains on the victoria line!
Lovely loco you have there!
Posted: Thu Jun 02, 2011 8:08 pm
by MuzTrem
Keith&Joanna:54443 wrote:Sir haydn:54439 wrote:Tony is building bomb disposal equipment for the MoD at the moment as well as window frames for the new tube trains on the victoria line!
In 16mm scale ??

:lol: :evil:
For 16mm scale bombs, obviously. Perhaps the MDLR vandals are planning something more sinister for their next attack?
And as for those for those 16mm scale Victoria line trains...