Cleaner

scrap building coachs

Post by llr » Tue Oct 05, 2010 9:03 pm

can any body give me any idea or info of you owr scrap built coachs

made-in-england
Trainee Driver
Trainee Driver

Post by made-in-england » Tue Oct 05, 2010 9:25 pm

Look at crackingjobs website... he has built some out of persil washing tab boxes....

A friend of petes made one using the plans from the 16mm assoc. print em out, glue, card, running gear done!
Passengers are reminded not to tease the engines

Sir Clothem Cap
Driver
Driver

Post by Sir Clothem Cap » Tue Oct 05, 2010 9:36 pm

I've used the chassis of a big big coach and scratch built a 16mm body made of thin ply and card on to it.

taliesin001
Driver
Driver

Post by taliesin001 » Wed Oct 06, 2010 4:00 pm

I tend to build from 7mm drawings scaled up and drawn onto the wood, I create the sides using layers so that windows sit within the sides. I then create the ends and build up the box and detail using mostly commercial parts. I usually draw the overlay first as this forms the outermost layer and use this as a template to make sure all the windows match. I don't always manage to get windows completely square but putting window frames in rectifies this. Scratchbuilding will probably take longer but I find it good to know that I have built something myself rather than bought a kit. My last project to be completed is described here..http://gardenrails.myfreeforum.org/about2134.html if you would like to know more about how I do things. Obviously there are many different techniques to use and what I find best you might not.