Page 1 of 2

Posted: Mon Apr 26, 2010 2:15 pm
by SLRmidge
Some nice pics of the said wagon at Stoneleigh on website below. Well done Brian  :D
http://www.eastmidlands.16mm.org.uk/wheldonwagon.html

Posted: Mon Apr 26, 2010 5:28 pm
by MDLR
SLRmidge wrote:Some nice pics of the said wagon at Stoneleigh on website below. Well done Brian  :D http://www.eastmidlands.16mm.org.uk/wheldonwagon.html
Thank you!

Don't worry Laalratty - I'm going to make a box to send it up to you in - I've got your address from our exchange of PM's.

Posted: Tue Apr 27, 2010 1:24 pm
by kes
What a lovely story, wish I'd seen it at the show - great to see pics. If it finds itself in the Compton Down area whilst it's over here would be proud to Phurcombe Haul it - I did meet Jack whilst in my teens when he & Dad met up for a steam up but sadly don't remember much about it now :cry:

Posted: Tue Apr 27, 2010 2:48 pm
by Narrow Minded
Thanks for the great pics Brian - that must have kept you busy, no wonder I didn't get to chat at the show! :D

Posted: Tue Apr 27, 2010 8:17 pm
by MDLR
Narrow Minded wrote:Thanks for the great pics Brian - that must have kept you busy, no wonder I didn't get to chat at the show! :D
I got told off for not being on Help & Advice...................

Posted: Sun Sep 12, 2010 10:56 am
by Sir haydn
Image
Image

Posted: Sun Sep 12, 2010 11:11 am
by Narrow Minded
Nice one! :D

I reckon you should lay another couple of yards of track, stick it behind your Ruston and let it historically the first train on the Sherwood Oaks :D
(Now, I'd like to see a photo of that!)

Posted: Sun Sep 12, 2010 11:12 am
by 90733
Narrow Minded wrote:Nice one! :D

I reckon you should lay another couple of yards of track, stick it behind your Ruston and let it historically the first train on the Sherwood Oaks :D
(Now, I'd like to see a photo of that!)
I agree, that would be cool :D:D

Posted: Sun Sep 12, 2010 11:28 am
by Sir haydn
Ok, so its not the ruston but it will have to do...

Image
Image
Image

Posted: Sun Sep 12, 2010 11:34 am
by Narrow Minded
:D

The third one is the "keeper" - I'll send it to the Wheldon webmeister titled "First train on the newly laid Sherwood Oaks Light Railway" if you like?!

Posted: Sun Sep 12, 2010 11:40 am
by Sir haydn
go for it! Will get some at martin smiths today

Posted: Sun Sep 12, 2010 11:58 am
by MDLR
Narrow Minded wrote::D

The third one is the "keeper" - I'll send it to the Wheldon webmeister titled "First train on the newly laid Sherwood Oaks Light Railway" if you like?!
Too late! It'll be on the Web Site in 5!!

Posted: Sat Sep 18, 2010 8:54 pm
by laalratty
The Wheldon Wagon has landed in the North West of England today, although terrible weather meant it has only got out of its (very good and protective) carboard box. It will then make its first NWAG steamup appearance on Tuesday at the 30 year old Coniston Railway

Posted: Sat Sep 18, 2010 9:21 pm
by MDLR
Be careful not to lose the coupling pins!

Posted: Sun Sep 19, 2010 3:15 am
by Narrow Minded
I'm certainly glad that all of the initial detective work paid off :D
But a little sad that the wagon couldn't have visited the Westwood & Loscoe before leaving the East Midlands :cry:

Posted: Sun Sep 19, 2010 10:05 am
by SLRmidge
I very much look foward to seeing it.   :D

Posted: Sun Sep 19, 2010 5:22 pm
by MDLR
Narrow Minded wrote:I'm certainly glad that all of the initial detective work paid off :D
But a little sad that the wagon couldn't have visited the Westwood & Loscoe before leaving the East Midlands :cry:
You never know................. it might come back!

Posted: Sun Sep 26, 2010 10:49 am
by laalratty
Here is the wagon on tour at SLRmidge's Silverdale Light Railway (north)

Image
The wagon with the three things that define the SLR north, overgrown, rubbish trackwork, Bluebottle the railcar and the Killer Bunny!

Image
The SLR 16mm heritage train, Compton Down number 8, Compton down carriage and wagon, Wheldon wagon and a not heritage at all brake van

Posted: Sun Sep 26, 2010 12:00 pm
by SLRmidge
laalratty wrote: The wagon with the three things that define the SLR north, overgrown, rubbish trackwork, Bluebottle the railcar and the Killer Bunny!
But surely that's four?

Posted: Sun Sep 26, 2010 4:05 pm
by MDLR
Latest update: The Wagon has already run on ywo railways in the northwest - pictures at: http://www.theoaks.ca/transferwagon6b.html

My thanks to laalratty for the pictures and captions.