Page 1 of 2

rockery railway

Posted: Sun Nov 22, 2009 3:02 pm
by pauly
Ah finally I can post about my new project!

Iv designed a 32mm layout with a contiues loop :D

to build it I had to enlarge the rockery, those rocks weigh a bloody ton by the way and its horrid trying to move them in the wind and rain!

Iv had to buy a ton of soil to fill in the hole and bring it to the level.

Image

brought the stone work up to the track.

Image

Image

Image

all this hardwork, I need to refill my power cels! Tea!
Image

oh the ever present helper
Image

its still rather bare at the moment but at least I can run trains on it.
Image

Image

Image

Posted: Sun Nov 22, 2009 3:07 pm
by Dr. Bond of the DVLR
Hey hey, looks great!
What would the perpose of this railway have been- a feeder quarry?

Posted: Sun Nov 22, 2009 3:14 pm
by pauly
Mr. Bond of the DVLR wrote:Hey hey, looks great!
What would the perpose of this railway have been- a feeder quarry?
this railway goes up into the Woodrow hills where the broader Woodrow railway doesnt venture, it doesnt make much but it is considered an important life line for the people up in the hills   :D

Iv got another larger loco under construction

Posted: Sun Nov 22, 2009 4:41 pm
by mhlr
Cool! Are you going to somehow disguise the rear part of the line then with trees/tunnel/cutting whatever? You could make some sort of hopper to load the wagons on the mainline too?! :lol:

Nice Westy btw, I have one :D

Posted: Sun Nov 22, 2009 4:46 pm
by pauly
mhlr wrote:Cool! Are you going to somehow disguise the rear part of the line then with trees/tunnel/cutting whatever? You could make some sort of hopper to load the wagons on the mainline too?!  :lol:

Nice Westy btw, I have one  :D
yeah Im gonna obscure it.

I dont want any interaction between the them, Im alo gonna plant lots of miniture trees to try and make it easier to miss at a glance.

Posted: Sun Nov 22, 2009 5:29 pm
by MoelygestLR
Looking good!
mhlr wrote: Nice Westy btw, I have one  :D
Mee too hahaha there great, mines very train friednly as well. loves riding in open coaches on certain 2 foot railways :lol:

Posted: Sun Nov 22, 2009 6:13 pm
by LMS-Jools
Most excellent lol 8)

Posted: Mon Nov 23, 2009 5:03 pm
by pauly
Been working on it somemore today to try and make it look less like a quarry!
and more like a valley

Image

its going to take some time....
Image

but its a start......
Image

Image

Image

Image

Posted: Mon Nov 23, 2009 6:07 pm
by mhlr
Ooh that's looking good! Would be a great idea too for those with really tiny gardens as well.

Posted: Mon Nov 23, 2009 8:31 pm
by pauly
Yeah they cant complane abou tthere modern garden being to small for a garden railway now can they! :lol:

Posted: Mon Nov 23, 2009 8:46 pm
by Dr. Bond of the DVLR
As I can also proove...

Posted: Mon Nov 23, 2009 8:48 pm
by mhlr
Need to see someone build a decent large scale railway on a flat balcony now! :lol:

Posted: Mon Nov 23, 2009 9:07 pm
by SillyBilly
There's one in a back issue of Garden Rail, this balcony was even on top of some his rise flat thing in London!

Posted: Mon Nov 23, 2009 9:46 pm
by pauly
Iv also finished the new loco for the rockery railway

as usual Iv buggered it!
I ruined a good portion of the plasticard so a good chunk of his engine is actually a Kellogs cornflakes box :lol:
Image

Image

and if your wondering where are the rivets? this 1 is uniqe because its been welded together! oh I am lazey in the most creative ways :lol:

Posted: Mon Nov 23, 2009 10:23 pm
by mhlr
lol that looks good! goes well with the coach.

Posted: Tue Nov 24, 2009 6:17 pm
by Dr. Bond of the DVLR
yup nice combination- where do you get your balast from out of interest?

Posted: Tue Nov 24, 2009 7:28 pm
by pauly
Mr. Bond of the DVLR wrote:yup nice combination- where do you get your balast from out of interest?
B&Q the stuff Im using on the mamod track is called Alpine green granit

Posted: Tue Nov 24, 2009 7:39 pm
by Dr. Bond of the DVLR
oh right I've seen that, I was put off by the "Green" Is it very green?

Posted: Tue Nov 24, 2009 7:42 pm
by pauly
Mr. Bond of the DVLR wrote:oh right I've seen that, I was put off by the "Green" Is it very green?
no, just grey

Posted: Tue Nov 24, 2009 7:43 pm
by Dr. Bond of the DVLR
Marvelous- it is on offer at our local garden centre- balasted railway here I come!