Page 1 of 1

How did we miss this

Posted: Sat Oct 17, 2009 11:23 pm
by DLRdan
Now that Caradoc and Edrig have gone accucraft are only making 2 freelance engines Lawley and Ragleth. Could the company be in trouble ?

Posted: Sat Oct 17, 2009 11:38 pm
by mhlr
Don't forget this new 'Leader' is coming out soon too...

Posted: Sat Oct 17, 2009 11:40 pm
by SillyBilly
I think it's because they're diverting in to more detailed stuff such as NG15s, Welshpool & Isle of Man locos.

Posted: Sun Oct 18, 2009 6:30 pm
by Endless, Nameless
No, it's 'cos they are being sensible and rationalising before they get into trouble.

Posted: Sun Oct 18, 2009 8:41 pm
by Matt
yeah, which is something I think Chedder forgot to do.

Posted: Tue Oct 20, 2009 9:51 am
by ptlrcecil
mhlr wrote:Don't forget this new 'Leader' is coming out soon too...
I though Leader was based on a prototype.

Posted: Tue Oct 20, 2009 2:20 pm
by mhlr
It is, but it shows that Acc. are concentrating more on prototypes now, probably due to larger demand?

Posted: Fri Oct 23, 2009 1:51 am
by grumpfuttock
Matt wrote:yeah, which is something I think Chedder forgot to do.
   I was informed at the time (by someone at Cheddar), that Cheddar Models had their order books full for the next three years and were doing fine, until their bank got overtaken by a less understanding bank, which promptly called in their loan in an extremely short space of time. I happened to phone them to order some parts, just after it happened, it was not the enjoyable phone call I had expected. The person on the end of the phone was very distraut and still in a state of shock.

I'm not sure if this has already be said at some point, Accucraft's new Ragleth will be available in 4 colours, green, maroon, black and dark blue.

Posted: Fri Oct 23, 2009 5:03 pm
by Dr. Bond of the DVLR
dark blue? gosh it'll look a treat!