Wallingford Industrial Railway Ltd. 6 January 2024. More info on storage shed

Links to and discussion of garden railway video footage or videos of real railways which might inspire members with their modelling
Ianm
Cleaner
Cleaner

Wallingford Industrial Railway Ltd. 6 January 2024. More info on storage shed

Post by Ianm » Sat Jan 06, 2024 1:43 pm

Hi All

In response to a request for info on the storage shed, herewith a few more details. :salute:

The actual sidings were determined by the points I had to hand at the time but, with hindsight, I think it would be better without the 3 way point at entrance and a more direct route to the first siding. That may be a right had point at the head of then first siding (by the doors), then 2 or 3 left points for the individual roads. Less reverse curves and longer sidings I think.

Perhaps a rebuild to come - which will require some rerouting other the branch lines to the shed entrance and a relocation of the control switches and a bit of moving the top course of the long wall near the shed. And a new wall/entrance for the shed. A job for a warmer day(s) in the summer. (And there was SWMBO worrying about me not having anything to do after I retired :D

Ian M
WIRL

ge_rik
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Wallingford Industrial Railway Ltd. 6 January 2024. More info on storage shed

Post by ge_rik » Mon Jan 08, 2024 5:12 pm

Reminds me of my first set of storage sidings in the lean to when I first built my railway. I really believed I wouldn't need more than three sidings of about 1.5 to 2m long. Several years later I'm now running out of space with the additional three storage sidings in the garage which are each about 6m long..... :shock: :lol:

I've been rationalising my goods stock to weed out some of my earlier less than scale models - it's a long process though.

Rik
------------------------
Peckforton Light Railway - Blog Facebook Youtube