Static Prop Engine

This is the place to talk about news, TV, music and other hobbies
FWLR
Driver
Driver

Static Prop Engine

Post by FWLR » Mon Sep 18, 2023 10:37 am

We went to a Classic Car show in Southport yesterday and while there this guy started up this Prop Engine, it's obversely not a real aeroplane engine, but it was great fun looking and hearing it running. At the start of the video you will see the prop doesn't look like they are moving fast, but I can assure you they are, when he goes to run it quicker you will see the yellow tips lookalike they have disappeared. They do in real life. He even lowers the wheel later on in the video.

Sorry about the engine being upside down at the start of the video, it does turn around a few seconds later.

drewzero1
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Static Prop Engine

Post by drewzero1 » Mon Sep 18, 2023 1:53 pm

When the guy came in and started throttling up, I half expected him to blow away! Bet you could dry your hair really fast after a shower with one of these.

FWLR
Driver
Driver

Post by FWLR » Tue Sep 19, 2023 7:54 am

Well he did have some water in a 2l bottle.... :thumbright: There were some stupid people trying to go behind the engine, especially women with long hair, they were soon told to get lost be some security guys and then also one guy who thought he was tough started to laugh at the security guys, but he soon found out that he should have got lost when the guy opened up the engine again to full throttle and he went for a huge tumble. made everyones day he did..

:lol :lol :lol

drewzero1
Administrator
Administrator

Post by drewzero1 » Tue Sep 19, 2023 1:53 pm

It's almost as if those barriers are there for a reason!

ge_rik
Administrator
Administrator

Post by ge_rik » Tue Sep 19, 2023 7:10 pm

I hope it was well tethered to the ground. It could do a lot of damage if it decided to go walkabout ..... 🫣😱

Rik
------------------------
Peckforton Light Railway - Blog Facebook Youtube

FWLR
Driver
Driver

Post by FWLR » Wed Sep 20, 2023 10:21 am

I :dontknow: how it was tethered to the ground Rik, but there wasn't any vibration at all, so I guess it was. :thumbright: