General

Anything related to the garden railway world that is not catered for in another board
TTgardenrail
Cleaner
Cleaner

General

Post by TTgardenrail » Mon Jul 31, 2023 4:27 pm

Being new to this forum can anyone please explain why some topics are highlited in red and some in black? I can only access the ones in red! I wanted to access the for sale topic but can't! Thank you.

ge_rik
Administrator
Administrator

Re: General

Post by ge_rik » Mon Jul 31, 2023 6:02 pm

As I understand it, if a topic is shown as red, it means there is a post or more you haven't read, if it's in black ( or blue on my screen) there are no new threads to read. You can check this by clicking on a red forum and reading what is shown there in red then going back and refreshing the original page. The forum should now be in black because you've read it.

Not sure why you couldn't access a topic. Let me know which topic you can't access and I'll try testing out your permissions.

Rik
PS - If it's red, you can click on the circle to access the forum or topic. If it's in black (or blue) you need to click on the title rather than the circle. It's just how phpBB operates I'm afraid, we can't override it.
------------------------
Peckforton Light Railway - Blog Facebook Youtube

TTgardenrail
Cleaner
Cleaner

Post by TTgardenrail » Mon Jul 31, 2023 6:47 pm

Thank you so much for the guidance, it was the For Sale topic, I am looking to replace my steam locos with battery operated electric. Looking to sell two Roundhouse steam (a Millie and Billy )and to buy any suitable electric locos for my 32mm track. As a newcomer the advice is brilliant with so many helpful contributions. Thank you.

ge_rik
Administrator
Administrator

Post by ge_rik » Mon Jul 31, 2023 7:39 pm

TTgardenrail wrote: Mon Jul 31, 2023 6:47 pm Thank you so much for the guidance, it was the For Sale topic, I am looking to replace my steam locos with battery operated electric. Looking to sell two Roundhouse steam (a Millie and Billy )and to buy any suitable electric locos for my 32mm track. As a newcomer the advice is brilliant with so many helpful contributions. Thank you.
Hi Tony
I forgot to say welcome to the forum. I'm interested to see you are going from live steam to battery. In my opinion, a wise move, but there are plenty of others on here who prefer live steam over battery power (and some who like both) so I'm sure you might find some takers for your live steam locos.

Rik
PS - Actually, I think I have already said welcome to the forum - but better twice than not at all ..... :lol:
------------------------
Peckforton Light Railway - Blog Facebook Youtube

TTgardenrail
Cleaner
Cleaner

Post by TTgardenrail » Mon Jul 31, 2023 9:54 pm

Thank you so much for the assistance with navigating around the forum, I am enjoying exploring the different topics and learning a lot very quickly. Tony